chapter 19

Clint's eyes widen.  You can't tell if he's upset or angry.  He stops struggling and just looks at her.  ''Cheyenne,'' his voice is very low and calm.  ''Why would you try to bring Hydra back?''
        ''So he didn't know.  What a shame to ruin your secret.  How about I tell him what happened, hm?  You always hating talking after all.''
        ''Shut up!'' Cheynne thrashes out kicking Viper in the shin.  ''I had no choice but to help you!  You said you'd help me and my brother, but you didn't!  You let him die!  If I knew better then I would have never helped you.''
        ''Oh so you can talk, but too late for that now, sweetie, you left us and actually joined S.H.I.E.L.D., and since you know just about all of our secrets, you're going to have to die now,'' presses the dagger closer to her neck.  ''Any last words?  Even to him?'' she looks over at Clint.  ''You're little hawk friend?''
        Cheyenne finally looks up at Clint.  ''I never told you because you never asked.  I understand if you hate me now, but I'm sure I can make up for it,'' she smirks and hits the back of her head against Vipers face.  Viper tries slitting her throat but it doesn't work she she only cuts it slightly, leaving a small blood trail.  Then Cheyenne kicks her in the shin causing her to take a few steps back turns around and kicks her in the face.
        She picks up Viper's dagger while he's on the ground and turns around to see a few men rushing at her.  She stabs one in the stomach then knees them on the crotch.  She quickly turns kicking one in the head then punches him in the jaw.  There is still a guy Holding Clint so he doesn't get away.  She cuts the rope on her hands and looks over at the guy that's holding Clint.
        ''Let him go or else.''
        ''Or else what,'' he growls.
        The dagger brushes against the side of his head.  ''Or else I won't miss next time,'' the guy lets go and rushes off.  Cheyenne walks past Clint and takes the dagger out of the crate that it got stuck into then cuts the rope on Clint.  ''Clint, listen, I'm-.''
        She gets interrupted by him kissing her.  She is too surprised by his action to even think about kissing him back.  She was quiet sure that he was going to hate her for being apart of all of this.
        ''This isn't the right time or place to be talking about that.  Leave it for when we get back to the Helicarrier,'' he looks over at Viper who is getting up after being slightly unconscious from the blow to the head Cheyenne gave her.  ''Which will be right after we take care of her,'' he walks over to Viper, grabs her arm and lifts her up.
        Using her free arm she punches him in the face and grabs his free am and flips him over onto his back.  ''Hasn't she told you that I'm a fighter?''
        ''I don't exactly like hitting girls,'' he rolls to the side and Cheyenne punches her in the face.
        ''But I do.''
        Viper gets her balance and grabs a whip that was on her side.  Cheyenne takes a few steps back  ''Scared now?  That dagger isn't going to do much now is it,'' Cheyenne looks at Clint and nods at him.  He runs off.  ''Letting your boyfriend leave you to die?  That is if he even wants to be with you now.''
        Cheyenne goes to kick Viper in the face, but the whip gets wrapped around her leg leaving a sting.  Viper jerks the whip back making her fall on her back.  She quickly rolls to the side and gets on her feet.  Viper throws the whip at her but she quickly jumps back, she does it again.  Viper throws the whip at her upper body.  It gets wrapped around her neck.
        Cheyenne drops the dagger and her hands automatically go to the whip on her neck trying to make it loose.  Viper yanks on it making it tighter.  Cheyenne begins choking.
        ''You should have stayed on the winning side Cheyenne.  We're more talented.  We have more skill,'' she picks up the dagger after kicking her feet making her fall on her back.  Viper sits on her to keep her down, she takes the whip off of her neck and puts the dagger in its place.  ''Thought you were better than this.''
        ''I'm a step ahead,'' Viper gives her a confused looks then get a sharp pain in her shoulder and yells in pain.  She sits up and looks a the arrow in her shoulder.
        She looks over at Clint who is holding his bow.  ''Sorry I couldn't get here sooner, had to take down some guys along the way,'' he walks closer to them.
        She rips the arrow out and put the dagger to Cheyenne's neck again.  ''Take one more step and I'll kill her,'' Clint stays where he is.  ''Now drop the bow, and your quiver.''
        He begins to take his quiver off.  ''Hawk, don't do it!'' she almost shouted his real name.  ''She won't kill me.  She doesn't have the guts, she's never killed anyway, she gets people to do it for her.  She doesn't want the blood on her pretty little hands.  Aren't I right?''
        Viper punches Cheyenne in the face.  Her nose starts to bleed .  ''You're only angry because I'm right,'' she snickers.
        While Viper isn't looking, Clint goes though Cheyenne's quiver knowing that she has more than just arrows in there.  He finds a gun.  ''Well, I'm not hitting her,'' Clint mumbles to himself.  He points the gun at Viper and aims for the leg not wanting to kill her.  He pulls the trigger.  The bullet goes into her leg.
        Viper screams in pain and falls off of Cheyenne.  Cheyenne stumbles up to her feet and looks back at Clint who is holding the gun.  ''You shot her?''
        ''Well I didn't hit her, nor did I kill her.  I'm following both of my rules,' he glares at her because he knows that she would have just killed her.  ''Get some rope and tie her up.  Lets take her up to the Helicarrier.''
​        Cheyenne turns around and looks for rope as Clint keeps an eye on Viper.