Chapter 10

She sits there with her shoulders back and hands on her knees looking at him, letting the suspense build.  ''Yes.  I will  join S.H.I.E.L.D. but one quick question, Fury,'' he raises an eyebrow.  ''Do you trust me?''

        ''I don't just trust someone.  I still don't trust Stark.  Do, I guess I trust you enough to think about asking you to join, but if there's a slip, don't you dark think for a moment that I won't deal with you myself,'' he opens the door and Cheyenne stands up.

        ''I trust that you will, but no worries, I'll listen, just don't abuse my kindness,'' she walks over to him.

        ''You'll have to run that by everyone else,'' Fury turns around and starts walking with Cheyenne following him.

        ''So, why did you listen to Clint?  After all, we wondered around the bottom section four nearly five hours.''

        ''I have my reasons,'' he takes her to the middle section of the Helicarrier and back to the hall where all the rooms are.  ''Better get some rest,'' the door slides open.  ''You'll be needing it to deal with everyone tomorrow.''

        Cheyenne walks into the room and the door closes behind her leaving her alone.  She looks around the room.  The walls and ceiling are white.  Against the wall besides the door is a dresser and besides that is a desk and a chair.  Across from that is a nicely made bed that's against the wall.  She hasn't slept on a bed in three weeks.  She sits down on it and everything catches up to her, she realizes how tired she really was.  She lays down and closes her eyes.  She quickly falls asleep with the lights still on.

        She wakes up to someone pounding on the door.  At first she is confused as to where she is but then looks around and remembers.  She didn't notice the closet in the one wall last night, or that her bow and quiver-filled with arrows-was sitting on the desk in the corner.  Someone is still hitting the door, she replies with a groan, still not awake.  Its the best sleep she's gotten in days.

        ''Get ready!  Go into the conference room in a half hour,'' the person from the outside says.  Sounded like Fury.

        She gets up and stretches.  She noticed a door on the wall which leads into a bathroom.  She opens the door and turns on the light.  The bathroom looks as if no one has ever used it.  Its very clean, spotless.  The walls are a light blue and white tiles on the floor.  She gets a quick ten minute hot shower.  She gets out feeling refreshed.  She puts her hair up in a bun as she gets dressed.  There's a knock at the door as she's finishing getting her clothes on.  ''Yeah?''

        The door opens and Clint peers in.  ''Oh, hey, Clint,'' she straightens out her shirt.

        ''Just thought I'd drop by to make sure you're fine.''

        ''Of course I'm fine.  Why wouldn't I be?''

        ''No reason.  Anyway, Fury told anyone that we had someone joining the team, he didn't say who, so just be ready.''

        ''I'm sure everything will be fine.''

        He nods to her bow and quiver.  ''Make sure to take your stuff.  Fury's going to want to see what you can do,'' Cheyenne grabs her quiver and puts it on her back.  ''So, you never answered me yesterday,'' she looks at him confused.  ''Where did you learn how to shoot like that?  You said your parents wouldn't let you, so how did you learn?''

        ''Taught myself.  I would go into the woods not far from my house and shoot.  That wasn't until I was nearly sixteen though.  I bought a bow and some arrows.''

        ''Do your parents still live around here?''

        ''No, actually, they live down South, warmer weather I guess.''

        ''And another thing, why would you only talk to me?''

        ''Well, first of all you were the first one to ever see me, then we talked that one day after going to the range, I think you can put it together.''

        ''Are you saying you have an interest in me?'' the two walk out of the room and start to to to the conference room.

        She chuckles as if she's leading him on.  ''I never said such a thing, but if that's what you want to believe then you may.  You kept coming back to talk to me, do you have an interest in me?''

        ''I never said such a thing,'' he says playing her game.

        The two get to the conference room.  Everyone is in there sitting and having small talk.  They all look at her as she walks in.  ''What is she doing here?'' Natasha exclaims.

        ''This is the one that will be joining us for now on,'' Fury says calmly.

        ''She's murdered how many, and you're letting her join,'' Steve says.  ''Who's idea was it?  And who said It was a good idea?''

        ''Clint brought it to my attention, I just agreed to it.  From what I've heard from all of you she's good in combat and what Clint has told me she's not really that bad.''

        ''Bad or not she still killed those people,'' Steve said.

        ''Its not like she's talk to any of us,'' Tony says.  ''The rest of us don't know her story.''

        ''I wouldn't talk to any of you because of how naive you all are,'' this is the first time they have heard her talk.  ''Yes I've killed, I was a hired assassin.  You don't seem to care that the Russian over there has killed.  How much red is on her hands?  I killed for my brother's sake and yet he was still killed, I went for revenge, not just to kill for no bloody reason.''

        No one knows what to say, then finally Tony says something as he's fiddling with a pen.  ''So it can talk.''

        She gives him a glare.  ''Some people just aren't talkers,'' she tries not to have a smart remark.  She doesn't want to start anything her first day being with them.

        ''Well,'' Fury gets up.  ''Since you all know who it is that will be joining us, Cheyenne, I want to see you fight, anyone willing to go up against her first?''