chapter 18

Cheyenne and Clint have their backs to each other as a few guys surround them.  ''So, ready to fight?''Clint says leaning his head back a bit as he pulls an arrow out of his quiver and readies his bow.  Cheyenne pulls out a dagger and gets ready to attack them.  The guys go at them to attack.  Clint shoots an arrow at one of then and punches the other guy in the the face.

        Cheyenne stabs a guy in the gut nearly slashing him open, and punches the other guy in the face.  Clint turns to her.  ''No killing!'' Cheyenne looks and glares at him, still not saying a word.  Suddenly she throws her dagger at Clint.  He movies out of the way of the dagger.  The dagger hits a guy with a gun that was behind Clint.

        The dagger hits him the the throat killing him.  He had pulled the trigger but the bullet hits the roof.  Clint goes over to Cheyenne.   ''What the hell did I say about killing,'' he gets close to her.  She pushes him away and walks along the rooftop.  She takes her dagger out of the man's throat.  ''I thought you knew that we don't kill people.''

        ''Guess I'm not cut out for the team then,'' Clint hears her mumble under the cloth on her face.

        ''How about we not argue here.  Clearly she knows we're here so why don't we-,'' Clint stops talking when he notices Cheyenne losing her balance.  He rushes over to her and catches her right before she falls.  ''Cheyenne!  What's wrong?'' he sees her eyes close.

        There's a dart in her neck.  He pulls it out and checks for a pulse.  Her pulse is fine, she's just unconscious.

        ''So that's the Onyx Assassian's name.  Cheyenne,'' Clint looks up at the voice and its Viper.  ''You're Hawkeye, right?  I've heard a bit about you,'' she starts walking over to him.  She smirks at him.  ''You aren't bad looking either, don't know why you care so much about someone who is always covering their face.''

        ''What do you want, Viper.  Why have you been trying to kill us,'' Clint lays Cheyenne down on the roof.

        ''I want you all dead so that I can take over S.H.I.E.L.D..  Why else?  I need the Avengers out of the picture to do so.  I already know she's told you what I plan on doing, but I'm mainly surprised that you two found where I was.  I hate being in this dump but I can't risk getting caught can I now?''

        Viper steps closer to him but Clint quickly pulls an arrow our of his quiver and readies it at her.  ''Don't take another step closer.''

        ''I wouldn't do anything if I were you.  You know I have guys all around , right?  Or are you just that stupid.  I'm not the one that hit your friend,'' and smirks at him and then he feels something sharp in his neck.  He lets go of the arrow and hits his neck with his hand.  His aim is all off and it just misses Viper.  He pulls a dart out of his neck and wobbles back an forth.  His vision starts getting blurry as she stumbles side to side.  He tries keeping his eyes open.

        Viper goes over to him and puts her hand under his chin.  She kisses him and looks him in the eyes.  ''If only you weren't trying to fight against me.  You're a pretty good looking guy,'' she lets go of his face and he falls over.

        ''Clint!  Clint wake up!'' Cheyenne yells but at the same time tries to stay quiet.  She notices that he's moving a bit.  ''Clint!'' he groans, she knows he's awake now.  He tries opening his eyes.

        ''What happened?'' he tries movies but then realizes that he's tied up.  He looks over to here Cheyenne's voice is coming from.  She doesn't have the cloth over her face nor the goggles around her eyes.  She's also bleeding from the cheek and that her hair is no longer in a neat bun.  ''Cheyenne what happened to you?  You're face,'' she starts talking before he finishes, knowing what he's going to ask.

        ''I woke up quicker than what they thought I would and got into a fight with a few guys trying to get away, they just knocked me out again.  I'm fine though.  How are you,what happened to you once I passed out?''

        ''Not much, Viper showed herself to me, besides that nothing happened,'' Clint looks around.  They're sitting on the floor with their hands and feet tied.  ''Where are we?''

        ''In the warehouse,'' there are crates all around them.  They hear footsteps and people talking, but not hear them, it seems to becoming more distant.  ''Think anyone has noticed that we're missing?''

        ''I don't know.  How long have we been out?  Is it morning?''

        ''I don't know, but I feel like we were out for hours.''

        ''If anyone does notice, it'll probably be Tony, only because he'd be making some sort of joke about us.''

        She sighs.  ''I can get along with him, but sometimes he's just really immature.''

        They hear a pair of heels on the floor.  ''Finally the two of you woke up.  You've been out for a while,'' two guys grab Clint and Cheyenne by the arm and lift them up to their feet, after cutting the rope around their ankles.  Viper is playing around with a dagger in her hand.

        ''What are you going to do to us,'' Clint demands more than asks trying to get the guy to let go of his arm.

        ''Why what do you think,'' she points at Cheyenne with the dagger and makes a movement with her hand telling her to come to her.  Of course she doesn't go over so the guy that's behind he pushes Cheyenne toward Viper.  She stumbles but finally regains her balance once she's in front of Viper.  ''Since you know the most about our organization,'' she grabs Cheyenne by the back of her head and puts the dagger to her neck.  ''I'll kill you first, unless that is, if you're willing to talk.''

        Clint tries harder to get out of the guy's grip.  ''Don't you dare harm her!'' he starts to get angry.

        ''Does he not know, Cheyenne?'' she holder her face from under her chin roughly.  ''Oh course, why would you ever tell someone that you were in love with,'' Cheyenne says nothing as she tries getting out of her grip but it doesn't work.  ''Come on, Cheyenne.  You're both going to die anyway, why don't you just tell your boyfriend.''

        ''Tell me what?  What is she talking about?'' Clint's voice has soothed.  His tone and expression shows how confused he is.

        Viper turns her around with the dagger under her chin and an arm around her arms and waist so she doesn't move.  ''Go ahead, tell him,'' Cheyenne refuses to look up at Clint.  ''Tell him all about how you helped me bring people together to help for Hydra and to get them into S.H.I.E.L.D., and that you helped me plan this whole thing.''