Chapter 4 - Too Special

Only the tick of the clock, clack of a keyboard and click of a mouse were the sounds at Paisley. Prince was working pensively in his office.

He sat for a minute examining Noelle's book. It was noticeably a bit tattered and worn with pages turned down, pencil scrawlings and text underlined. This book became kind of a manual for him.

His inquisitiveness about Noelle was mounting. Yet he was conflicted with investigating more about her. She was already sharing such intimate details of her life. Was it wrong for him to want...more? The computer cursor sat ready on the Google search page.

With great hesitation, he typed in...

Noelle Dubois

...but then sat tilting his head back, raking his fingers through his hair that slip down to exhale slowly into his hands.

"What are you doing Nelson?" Shaking his head and slowly pressing the backspace 13 times to erase her name.

The Little Kitchen called and Prince sat trying to space out and focus on a basketball game.

The game was the furthest thing from his mind. Noelle's book sat next to him, almost like a companion. His fingers continued to flatten bent pages, he was caring for it. Flipping the book over, he took in her picture and closed his eyes trying to remember what her voice sounded like, but he couldn't.

💜💜💜💜💜💜

"I told you to wear the black sweater dress. It hugs your curves beautifully." Marissa said as she started to hoist Noelle's dress up over her head. "Go with a classy, sexy look."

"Why did I ever let you talk me into this? I'm leaving in two days for two weeks, I belong sitting my ass at home relaxing. Not going out on a double date, let me correct myself, a blind double date with you guys and Dr. Gabriel Chastain." Noelle sniped.

When Noelle turned around in her lace bra and panties, Marissa screamed. "Look at my big girl! You went for the bikini wax. I'm so proud of you. Look at that little landing strip. Get the orange batons! Let's guide Gabriel into the jet-way bridge."

"Honestly Marissa." We both couldn't stop laughing. "I don't sleep with someone on the first date."

"Do I need to remind you of a certain..." Marissa was cut off by Noelle and her index finger pointed in the air.

"Typically... I typically do not sleep with someone on the first date."

"You know I was surprised you put him in the book the way you did." Marissa giggled.

"Why do you act so surprised by me? If you chronicled your sex life on the written page you'd still be writing. Your publisher would be scolding to see pages."

"It would be a page turner though." Marissa snorted.

"Yeah it wou-..."

Noelle's cell rang and it was her other BFF in Paris, her practice partner. "Oh it's Chantal, I'm putting her on speaker," Marissa declared. "Chantal your baby girl got her hedge trimmed, it's like a full fall clean up happened."

"What? She skinned Ms. Beaverhausen?" Chantal added with a giggle. "What she planning and with who? Is it who or whom? Did she do a sphynxie?"

"What's a sphynxie?" Noelle asked.

Marissa was giggling at Noelle's naivity.

"You know one of those hairless cats." Chantal explained.

"Girls...if you must know, I've been doing laser hair removal for months. I'm over all this hair maintenance, bikini, legs, underarms. I got all of it zapped, except the landing strip as you say. I like to still feel like I'm a lady."