Chapter 15 - Flatlined

When Noelle was finally ready for her book signing, she stared into the mirror examining herself closely in the ivory dress pants, coordinating turtleneck sweater, heels and beautiful jewelry that Prince delivered last night before dinner.

While she was tired, dog tired in fact, she didn't look it. There were extras everywhere...an extra pink hue in her cheeks, her hazel eyes accentuated with an extra glimmer of green and an unrelenting smile on her face, especially when Prince was around and that was a lot these days.

Last night after the three of them went to dinner...

Prince decided to have a cognac at the hotel bar to unwind, while Marissa and Noelle went up to their rooms.

Dinner was enjoyable, but Prince recognized these two needed some girl time before bed. They were all giggly at dinner, and while he loved seeing Noelle so happy, Marissa seemed extra loud because she missed her friend, and it gave Prince a bit of a headache.

Leaving the adjoining door to their rooms open, the girls spoke loudly to one another until they were finished getting ready for bed.

Rubbing lotion on her legs, Noelle noticed a small ivory box laying on the bed with a white ribbon. As she untied the bow Marissa walked in the room.

"Mmmmhhhhmmm how do I know this is gonna be sheer and sexy from Mr. Cognac downstairs? You know he's sipping that drink right now thinking about you in whatever is in this box."

Carefully pulling back the tissue paper revealed a light sand colored, Flora Nirvelli chemise. It screamed luxury, since this brand is made meticulously by hand and featured beautiful tulle, satin and lace.

"Gosh this is so pretty." Noelle softly spoke while her fingertips took in the lace detailing.

"Girl that pretty thing has sexy sweet written all over it. Slip it on, let me see how pretty you are in that so I can reminisce what I looked like before four kids ravaged my body."

"Marissa you are still a Disney princess in my book. I've always told you that." Noelle protested heavily. "Look at those doe eyes and your pretty hair. Your mix race gives you an exotic look. Pkus, Donovan STILL can't keep his hands off of you, four kids later, so don't even go there. Sometimes I'm so uncomfortable around you two..."

"Yeah yeah yeah well I look more like the Cinderella that's been scrubbing the floor more days than I care to admit, we'll call that the pre-fairy godmother makeover." Chuckling heavily, "But you are right I do have my prince charming and wouldn't change a thing. I should apologize though...if Donovan and I ever made you uncomfortable because, after tonight, I know what it feels like to be the third wheel."

"Oh stop I did no such thing..."

"Nope you didn't. But the way he looks at you? The loving lust in his eyes...yeah...he was looking at you like I was looking at the dessert tray."

After removing her pajamas, she slipped the chemise over her head and smoothed her fingers along the pretty, thin, sheer tulle.

Marissa gasped, "You know damn well he's coming up here after his drink don't choo? He'll be all cool about it too, like just stopping by to say a formal goodnight but really he wants to catch you wearing his gift. Promise me you'll let him in, but also promise to get some sleep. Your readers are coming to see you on your game."

"I know. I know. I must admit though he's hard to deny no matter what time it is or how tired or sore I am."

Marissa sat on Noelle's bed, "You do not need to tell me I saw him dogpiling you twice today and then gazing at you hazily during dinner. He maybe had a couple of drinks but that wasn't the alcohol that was looking at you."