Chapter 33 - Juliette Dubois

Noelle's silence said everything, she no longer had the energy for flight. In that moment, it didn't matter how Prince found out she was pregnant, or who told him. It could have been Gabriel, Marissa or God himself and she would have paid no mind.

When his lips met hers, she didn't shrink from him. Instead, she never allowed herself to get so lost in one before. As her heart skipped beats, his hands couldn't pull her close enough.

Released from at least one secret was liberating, and joyful. Indeed she realized he was her refuge, her beacon in the dark. Even with Prince's occasional rough edges, he managed to assemble her frayed pieces and mend her torn seams as perfectly as Bernadette's handmade quilt made of her husband's work shirts.

No doubt these two had plenty to work out, but Prince outing the fact that he knew about their baby was the best decision as an easiness settled in between them.

He didn't speak of their future.

Not once did she breathe a word of her past.

These two savored the present, overflowing with their own expressions of love in kisses, squeezes and breaths until his bottom lip dragged heavily along her cheek arriving at her ear.

"Baby...I love you so fiercely that I'd know you in the dark."

There was a newfound reverence between the two, feeling their hearts against one another's chest, loving the sensation of being in one another's arms after her depriving them of one another's affection.

The pages of her new book were filled with the ink of his name. Prince wouldn't know she was writing until the time was just right.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Back in Paris...

"Aren't choo getting married?" Asked Marissa who plopped down on Noelle's bed watching her unpack their bags.

"Well...I don't know. We didn't talk about that." Admitted Noelle with a smile.

"Didn't talk about it? What the hell did you do then? Oh hell unless you're giving details nevermind."

"Always open to the details Marissa. Like you ever talk about Donovan. Oh wait you do. HA!" Throwing her cosmetic bag at Marissa to unpack on Noelle's vanity.

"You love him." It wasn't a question as much as a statement grounded in fact.

"Of course."

"You damn right you do! All of this silliness about 'I don't know' better be put to rest beca-..."

"Stop it now...just stop. I'm not about to ask him to marry me Marissa. I want everything to be as it is supposed to be perfect in its own right and progression...or not."

"Or not what? What does that even mean?"

"Many couples are in committed relationships and raise a family with no paper involved."

"That sounds like a woman who has one foot in and the other out. You're just scared. Admit it."

"In contrast to my last proposal and engagement?? Really? Plus he needs to meet mom and dad and..."

"And what? He will ask you. I know it. Dammit you WILL accept."

"Of course I'd say yes, but I just want us together in whatever way it is meant to be."

"I know you Noelle DuBois and the next thing that'll be coming from that mouth of yours that I won't stand for is 'I don't want a big affair.' The way we pined for him in high school, college...the fact we all have posters still hanging on our walls of this man that has been enjoying your walls well..."