Chapter 24 - "Prin..."

Prince left.

Au revoir

Adieu

Just as he planned, he flew home to Minneapolis that night.

So much was said.

Well...he said a lot. She...she tried to reason with him.

Leaning on his armrest, looking out the window, he continuously played with the prickly hair of his soul patch with his index and middle finger.

In retrospect, it was never gonna work really. He needed someone that was willing to give everything up and adapt to his lifestyle, not hinder it.

Noelle would have definitely been a hindrance...to his career. She would put a monkey wrench in his life, not because she was demanding, but because he knew that he would do anything for her.

Anything...

Even if it was a detriment to his career.

Easing the plane seat back, Prince thought of all the reasons they wouldn't work and that in itself lessened the blow, justified his obnoxious behavior or so he told himself.

Noelle was too much of everything.

Too intelligent, eventually we wouldn't see eye to eye on something. She'd be having her beak in my business and we'd go toe to toe on it, would've bound to get ugly.

Too driven, can't have someone just as passionate about their work as I am about my music. Our work doesn't even converge at some point. I need someone who intersects with me.

Damn she's too independent. I want someone who needs to be with me and showering attention on me at all times. It's just who I am and there's nothing wrong with who I am. Right? Almost waiting for an answer that was never going to come because he was sorting all of this out in his head.

Plus she's got too many friends and family and I...

I don't have...

A slight smile crossed his lips thinking of Marissa and Chantal and all the stories about scandalous Shelby and prim and proper Polly. I don't have any...true friends...not like that.

I never met her family. At this point, they probably want to kill me. My family is fuc-...

Before sleep consumed him, he scrolled his cell phone picture gallery. Scanning through the photos he had taken of her, selfies of them together and pics her friends had taken of them. He rubbed his forehead at the stress of it all and mumbled, "Gaaawd...she's too damn everything, including too pretty."

Weepy was how he felt now. Ga damnit... what am I doing?

Reclining his seat further he thought, it's really for the best. Besides, Prince knew once he broke up with a woman, it was over. He never went back.

Muttering to himself before dozing, "All this needed was some perspective. Time to move on."

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Noelle on the other hand, went into self preservation mode. Too in shock at how quickly things unraveled and how unreasonable he was to deal with in the argument.

Literally doing everything she could to obliterate Prince from her mind, she pretended that he never entered her life for the next three days, which got her to the weekend.

She went to work, and avoided Chantal.

Marissa worked second shift, 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. so it was easy to avoid her, although not her texts. Thursday morning, Marissa sent a text asking Prince and Noelle over for dinner Saturday night.