Chapter 14 - The Sweet Sting

Even though it was a short flight, Prince insisted on a private plane back to Paris; he just wanted to be alone with her -- no people staring, no commotion, no noisy drink cart rolling down the aisle. The seat across from her is where he firmly planted himself, able to stare at her endlessly while pretending to read a magazine on Paris real estate.

It was like star gazing, watching her, Noelle was the Sirius star -- scorching, blazing, twice as bright as any star in the sky. Now he understood what people meant when they said you'd just know when you meet the one.

He realized he did a terrible disservice to himself, and the women he married, by forcing love, it just doesn't work that way. If he had only been more patient, transferred a little of his perfectionism from his professional life to his personal life.

As he sat there, his time was spent coming up with all sorts of conclusions about his past and ponder a few things about the future.

Whether it was his childhood, 20s, 30s, or now 40s, he couldn't remember a time when he didnt feel lonely. Attempting to fill his life with people and things that never truly filled the emptiness in his soul. Women would fill his heart from time to time, but never his soul. It's why he lost interest and jump from girl to girl, itching to fill that void.

Now it all made sense to him. He was on a never-ending search for her.

As Prince sat examining her while she looked over notes for tomorrow's signing, he bolted to her side suddenly, startling her and causing her to jump.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean..."

"It's ok."

"What are you working on?" He asked.

"I'm just trying to figure out what I want to read at tomorrow's signing."

"You want some help?"

"Sure. Did you have a favorite part of the book?"

"I do actually."

Setting her laptop in the seat across from them. He leaned in slipping his hand down her arm and bringing himself closer to her lips, "Do you have any idea what part of your book I found..." Shaking his head, his mind was frazzled with all these thoughts, he couldn't concentrate.

His lips were too eager.

"Baby..." she purred sweetly parting from him. "Slow down love." His eyes searched hers, almost trying to confirm all of this he was experiencing with her was truly real.

Softly brushing her lips across his, she was careful not to exert too much pressure, she wanted him to take his time.

With each of her kisses, he became less anxious and finally allowed some pauses in between so they could each catch their breath, and just feel one another. Finally his tongue glided across the seam of her lips, "Oh baby please let me in."

And she did, tasting his want for her. She felt her heart hustle as his hand slipped up his sweater she wore.

"I have never craved the attention of a woman, like I do you."

Attempting to inch her leggings down, her hand gently met his, "Prince...not here."

Instead, they just kissed the entire flight. He kind of liked the old fashioned simplicity of the act, even though it made him desire her even more he knew loving her would come soon enough.

This is one of the reasons he loved her, she told him no. No one ever did that with him. He kinda liked it, having boundaries.

Plus it hasn't gone unnoticed that she hadn't reciprocated saying 'I love you.' He knew she was a little scared, but hopes to hear it soon.