Chapter 25 - The Aftermath

When Tamar arrived, Prince could barely hold it together. Before her cab even pulled up he was ready for her to board a plane. Admittedly, calling her to Minnesota was a dumb idea and he felt it deep within, clear down to his purple magic stick.

Tamar has a gorgeous voice and plays the perfect sweet girl image in public, she tends to lean toward trashy and spoiled in private.

A dark cloud hovered over the taxi as it pulled up swearing her spoiled mouth arrived before she did.

"You normally send a car for me. You had me ride in a fucking dirty ass cab. Have you seen what people do in these things? I mean just look...look at the driver."

"Hey fuck you lady." The taxi driver yelled while giving her the middle finger.

"Hello to you too Tamar." Pulling a wad of $100 bills from his wallet, he gave the drive $300 for having to deal with her sass.

"There's a huge cut in the vinyl, something wet on the door handle and I swear something moved under the passenger seat. I need a damn shower now."

Ushering her to the stairs. "Damn did you roll with a fucking wood pussy? You stink."

"What did you say about my pussy?"

"I didn't say anything about your pussy. I said you smell like a wood pussy. You know a skunk, a raven-haired beauty."

"Probably what was under the fucking seat."

Pissed off, Tamar rolled her bag bump by bump up each step annoyingly as she bitched. "Not even the decency to call a fucking Uber."

He wondered why she didn't just take the elevator. Again he wanted Noelle here.

Really regret had set in the minute he hung up the phone from calling Tamar but he already committed himself.

This morning, Saturday Night Live called to see if he'd be the musical guest so he invited Tamar to be a part if it. She no more got there and they had to hop a plane by 4 p.m.

On the flight, Tamar was being all bubbly bugging the fuck out of Prince. He wouldn't admit it, but he missed the level headedness of Noelle and her calm and loving nature.

He missed everything about Noelle.

Babysitting is what he felt like he was doing.

"Prince baby...thank you for calling me. I've missed us spending time together."

"Have ya now?" Replying much less enthused while scrolling through pictures of Noelle.

"Mmmmhhhmmmm." Her hand slipped along the inside of his left thigh. Prince's eyes closed on the picture in front of him, it happened to be of the two of them at the restaurant in Rome their first night. When he opened his eyes and saw Tamar's face he was done.

Unbuckling his seatbelt, he walked to the back of the plane to make a call.

"What do you want mother fucker? I'm at work dealing with people who are asking for help unlike your sorry ass self."

"Now don't be like that. We're like one another's spirit animals, we have a bond."

"A bond? Huh I think that ship sailed when your sorry ass left my best friend who I still have yet to get a hold of."

"You haven't heard from her?"

"Nope. Just a sec P. Hey Diane exam room 4 needs an enema, some stool softeners and then discharge."

"Ughhhhh that is just gross. I don't know how you do it."

"See I deal with people's shit all damn day. What do you want?"