Chapter One

My name is Eloisa Muñoz. If there is anything I can say about myself as of the moment, it is the fact that I am a certified fifth wheel.

Okay, let me explain.

I belong to a circle of five friends. In our group, there are three girls and two boys. With that, let's just say that two of the girls are in relationships with two of the boys.

Yep, you're right.

I am the odd one out.

Trust me: I am not bitter about it. I am not hurrying to find me a boyfriend. I am not feeling sorry for myself. I am not ranting aimlessly, constantly, shamelessly about the fact that I am the only one who hasn't found love. In fact, I am pretty much neutral about the whole setup. Moreover, I am happy for my friends who are going steady. Truth be told, I could not care less about my situation, except for a few things.

First: My friends feel sorry for me.

Second: Everybody feels sorry for me.

Third: The entire universe asks me to get a boyfriend.

Fourth: In our circle of friends, I am the inevitable loner (I have to admit, it feels lonely when I am alone while my friends are dating each other. Duh, I also want to hang out with them).

You want an example of all these four situations? Let's start with today: the first day of classes. After school, by the campus gates.

As usual, I am chilling out with all of my friends (though it won't be for long, obviously).

"Ely!" For that name, it is pronounced as e-lee. Anyway, the owner of the voice tugged my arm and snuggled it. "Guess what happened."

"Tana." I shook my arm off her grasp, but she held on. "Stop being so clingy."

"Tana, shut it!" The guy who spoke stood next to her. His face was horrified, but his cheeks were red. "Don't you even dare say anything!"

"Klaus asked you out on a date, I see," I deadpanned.

Both Tana and Klaus blushed.

Okay, let me narrate how their whirlwind romance started. It was on March 31, the last day of classes in the tenth grade. Basically, it was the moment of truth for us: we junior high babies were going to be senior high students. Our barkada had always been together ever since the start of junior high in seventh grade and we knew that we were still going to be together in senior high in both eleventh and twelfth grades, since none of us were going to change schools for that.

However, for some reason, both Tana and Klaus became unnecessarily emotional about it and decided that they did not want to part from each other anymore. Yes, the horribly shy and blushy Tana-and-Klaus duo. Yes, the pairing who started stuttering around each other around ninth grade. Yes, the Tana and Klaus who were always seen together in school or outside school, but were adamant about convincing the entire world that they were nothing more than best friends.

Anyway. After the graduation, Tana confessed to Klaus by the school gates. It was twilight, and it was just the two of them, and they were red from the toe to the head, and nothing else even mattered. Of course, Klaus had to say yes.

Two months in, and this couple was as blissfully awkward and awkwardly blissful with each other.

By the way, are you wondering about the colourful details of their story in my point of view? Ha, blame Tana for that. She was a hopeless romantic who was into shoujo anime and K-drama, after all.