1. Strange Coordinates

You, Gene, where traveling across the stars, visiting a new planet in the name of Dead Orbit, this planet was said to be a beautiful and peaceful paradise back at the golden age, which was thousands of years ago...

A lot changed.

The planet was now a dust desert. The only signs of life ever existing here were ruins scattered all over the planet.

You were curious about these though, thinking you could get some valuable information from them or at least get a clue of what happened here, so you landed your Symmetry Flight, called your Hastilude and sped off into the closest ruin.

The sound of your sparrow was the only one in here, echoing in the empty body of the dead planet...

What happened here?

This was obviously done during the collapse, or at least it would make the most sense. There is a chance they were attacked by the Cabal, but this is not their style. They would rather destroy the entire planet, or the sun itself, than turn it into dust.

The other main contender would be the Hive, but then again, this isn't like them. They would rather infect the planet and "colonize" it, and there aren't any records of them outright destroying a planet. Fleets and cities? Sure. But planets? No.

Ghost: Guardian, are you there?

You were a little startled by your Ghosts voice, you must have zoned off while Ghost was talking to you

Gene: Oh, sorry, yeah Ghost? What's wrong?

Ghost: I was asking your opinion, what do you think caused all... This?

Gene: Actually I was thinking about that myself, at first I though it was the Cabal, but they destroy planets entirely, and we haven't found anything that could cause this. Maybe it was a hive God?

Ghost: I don't think so, they colonize, and there are no traces of life here.

Gene: That's exactly what I thought. We got a signal here.

You stopped infront of a set of ruins. The ruins you visited seemed like a giant tower, you thought you would be able to get something out of this place, since it seemed like the only building relatively "stable".

You hold your hand forward and ask your ghost to scan the place, he appears above your open hand and floats forward.

He starts spinning around, blue waves coming out of him, after a few seconds of this, he disappears, then says -This place has the same architecture from the old golden age, yet these buildings are older than that. By, wow, three thousand years or so.- he pauses for a second and then says -The only explanation left for that is the Vex, yet if it was them, they would have turned the planet into one of their machines. What caused this?-

Gene: Maybe someone found a Vex artifact and used it incorrectly, is there anything we know about the Vex that could cause this? Maybe a weapon?

Ghost: No... Maybe there are some data banks we can access around here?

Gene: Can you trace the signal?

Your Ghost stayed quiet for a second, and then said - The signal is originating from the top of the tower

Gene: are you serious? There is actually something here?

Ghost: Yeah. Its at the very top of the tower.

You looked up. There was a giant hole, like something made its way from the top of the building, right through the floors and made a crater where you stood.

You realized just how many floors there were to the building.

For a few seconds you were considering climbing up yourself and internally cringed, when you remembered you had a spaceship.