18. All For Nothing

Emerald had been following Gene for awhile now, and had heard his conversation with his friend from the other room. She followed him all the way to the basement, and heard him talk to Ozpin.

What was he doing? Was he betraying them or lying? He could easily be leaving them, yet she wasn't sure. Well, it wasn't her mission to do anything about that, that ended on Cinder's hands.

As she was about to leave. She saw the two turning to her direction. She quickly used her semblance to make sure they didn't see her. She started to get dizzy almost instantly. Her semblance allows her to control what people see. One person was easy to control, but two was already too much for her to hold for long.

She heard Gene talk about how he infiltrated the White Fang, but it was getting a lot harder to pay attention, since she was getting a headache and it was becoming harder to move or focus, so much that she tripped and almost fell, revealing herself. The two looked in her direction, said something and made their way to the stairs.

She followed closely but decided to wait there until it was safe. Once they made it up the stairs, they would leave and she could stop affecting them. Everything was getting darker and blurry wen she saw a blue light and everything went black.

---:#:---

You looked at the unconscious girl in front of you, Emerald. You assumed she was following you and trying to figure out your plans, probably by Cinder's orders.

If she was following you, then she must have heard everything, from the talk with Liz, to the one with Ozpin. Which meant she knew what you planned.

You couldn't afford her escaping and telling Cinder, yet this also meant that no matter what, she would know he lied. If he released her, she would tell Cinder, yet if he trapped her, Cinder would realize by herself.

You where planning to slowly gain their trust and the one of the White Fang, but this really messed with all that.

Ozpin: Who is this?

Gene: Well... She works with our enemy, she is Emerald.

Ozpin: Really? Well, this is a problem.

Gene: You think? I need to talk with someone, I'll get back to you.

You walked out without giving him a chance to answer.

Ghost?

Ghost: Yes? What do you need me to do?

Is there a way you can contact Cole? I need to see him before any word comes out.

---:#:---

You flew in your ship to the place where you met Cole and his group, and waited there.

The deal with Emerald set your plans off track. You needed to find a way to convince him to side with you, and maybe he could influence others into the right path. You understood why the White Fang was like it was, and agreed with their choices, but the group leaded by Adam was taking things too far.

You wanted him to stand beside you, or at least stay back wen you killed Adam.

It was the only way to make things better.

You heard movement and looked to your side. You saw Cole and a small group walking towards you.

Cole: You wanted to see me?

Gene: Yes. Who are they?

Cole: My team. We where on our way back from a mission. Whats wrong,

That was an issue. You didn't know if you could trust those people, nor how they would react.

Gene: ... What was your mission?

Cole: Oh, well... We had, yet another completely unnecessary raid.

Gene: You don't seem too happy about it.

???: How could we? We came to fight for our freedom, not steal from innocents.

???: Now, call down...

Kendra: But he's right. We have done so many wrong things...

???: Easy there, we are doing it all for the right cause, we have to trust in Adam... Right?

That was interesting. All of them seem to hate what they did for the White Fang... But then, why did they stay?

Gene: ... If you don't agree with their choices, then why don't you leave?

Cole: Its... Not that easy. Again. Why are we here?

You saw his face, and he seemed hesitant. You looked at the group behind. They seemed sad, or worried.

Or afraid...

Gene: You... You are scared of him, aren't you?

Cole: What? No. We-

Gene: Don't lie. I can see it in you. In all of you, you are afraid.

Cole: *Sigh* Just... What do you want?

Gene: Well, I was hesitant, but now I can say this surely. I want to kill Adam.

You heard gasps of surprise.

Cole: WHAT!? Are you crazy!? He will rip you apart!

Gene: You know what I'm capable off. I came here to give you a choice. To stay our of my way, or help me.

------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the delay on this. I had things to do, and still do, so I won't upload this week.

Thanks for reading!

Rest Easy Souls.