4.2. The Vex.

You know, it was quite a coincidence that you would get nightmares of the vault of glass the same day you find the Vex on Remnant, I mean, what are the odds? Its almost as if a higher force, maybe the traveler, sent you that memory as a warning. But well, that, we will never know.

You went quiet at the sight.

Ghost: That's...

Your mind started racing.

They're here. The Vex are here. How did this happen. Why are they here now?

Questions started racing on your head, while you were panicking, the Grim got more aggressive, and started looking around.

Ruby: Uhh, professor G-

You turned off your comms. As you thought about this more and more, Your fear and shock was quickly replaced by anger.

Ghost, stop showing the Grim on the radar. Only show Vex signatures.

Your Ghost silently obliged. Your radar showed multiple signatures on many directions, but they were disappearing. You turned a corner and saw a living centaur being attacked by the Grim.

A Beowulf was biting and pulling its weapon arm while a Bursa pinned it down and another furiously attacked the head. It seemed helpless and died after the Bursa shattered its skull. You then saw one teleporting around with a bunch of Beowulfs chasing it. Every few teleports one of the Beowulfs would manage to hit it. It, too, was killed by a Bursa who decided it wanted blood. A quick but strong hit to the ribcage was all it took.

At least there was something on that planet that hated the Vex as much as you.

You walked to the far end of the deserted village and as you looked around, you saw one of the signals came from a building. One of them was smart enough to take shelter. You looked at said building, a two stories house. You then sneaked in through the upper floor's window and looked around until you saw it.

The thing was a Praetorian. Its gun arm was missing, and the thing was wandering around aimlessly. It seemed shaken. It probably was the owner of the arm you found a few minutes ago.

You lunged at it and dug your daggers into its ribcage, the Raidolarian fluid (The Vex Milk/Blood) flowing towards you after the vicious attack. Simultaneously, your cloaking disappeared.

It looked shocked, and you didn't give it a second before ripping the ribcage open. It died almost instantly.

You waited.

Your cloak reappeared.

You still waited.

You turned on the comm, and heard team Rwby arguing worriedly about what to do.

You still waited.

Nothing pinged the scanner. All the Vex were dead.

You turned on the mic.

Gene: Ruby.

Ruby: Professor! We were so worried! What's happening!?

You calmly walked down from the house and out through the blocked front door.

Gene: There are no civilians or survivors. Kill them all.

Ruby: What!?

You changed into gunslinger, uncloaking in the middle of the Mass. You then called your solar energy, and following past routines, gave it form in the shape of Knives.

The Grim noticed you and charged towards you, as you launched a barrage of flaming knives towards them.

With insane precision, the knives lodged themselves into the Grim before exploding and turning their bodies into a yellow mist.

You heard the sound of gunshots and saw team Rwby fighting the Grim at the other end of the village.

You saw another wave come your way and quickly changed into Arcstrider before they got to you. You then summoned your Arc Staff and with it in hand, charged at the Grim in anger. A single strike was all it took to kill each of them, and they didn't scratch you once as you nimbly dodged and struck with more strength than necessary.

Normally, you would have just shadow shotted them and then used a golden gun, but not today. You wanted to blow off steam, and this was a prime opportunity.

The Grim didn't stand a chance against you, meeting the swiftest death possible if they got too close, and if they managed to surround you, all you had to do was quickly become a Gunslinger and throw your knifes all around you. Sometimes though, you needed to switch into your Golden Gun to save the girls from some lucky or quick Grim.

Speaking about the girls, they did surprisingly well for their lack of experience. That's not to say they didnt make mistakes, of course, they just did pretty well. Ruby would shout instructions over the sounds of the battle and the Grim, leading her team into pretty solid positions and gave them more fighting ground.

Eventually, their numbers started dwindling until they stopped coming, and some of the remaining Grim ran to get away.

You were breathing deeply, slightly tired from the intense workout, and turned to look at team RWBY.

Ruby, who was still wearing the Celestial Nighthawk helm collapsed on the ground and took the helmet off, setting it beside her. Yang and Blake seemed like they wanted to collapse too, but stayed on her feet. Weiss was clearly tired, but was staring... Well, more like glaring, at you.

Weiss: What was that!? | She screamed in anger | You almost get us all killed! What were you thinking!?

Gene: Weiss... | You started, taking of your helmet and sighing, but didn't get to say anything else.

Weiss: Why did you even do that!? You always teach us about stealth and strategy. What was strategic about that!? You -

Gene: Weiss stop. | You said, your voice sounding slightly angry | Look... | You sighed again, calming down | I saw something in there that made me angry. Something that brought bad memories. I acted rashly. I'm sorry.

Weiss stayed quiet, but before she could say anything, you heard the sound of an engine.

You looked up and saw the carrier flying beside your ship, the both of them glided to the ground, but only the carrier landed.

Gene: ... Ghost?

Ghost: Yep, that was me. I called the ship and the carrier when the battle started.

You thanked him in your head, put your helmet on and said to the team: We're done here! Get in the carrier, I need to talk to Ozpin. | Before starting to walk towards your ship.

Ruby: Professor wait!

You were about to teleport into your ship before Ruby stopped you. You started turning around.

Gene: Yes, Ruby?

As you fully turned you saw her walking towards you with the helmet on her hands.

Ruby: I was gonna -

Gene: Keep it. | You cut her off.

Ruby: Wh... What?

Gene: Keep it, | You said pointing to the helmet | as a gift, I have plenty were that one came from.

Ruby: Oh... Thanks! | Ruby said, smilling.

--------------------------------------------------------

Life happens and so do writers block. You probably don't care unless you've stuck around since the early days.

Thanks for reading!