Vol.2. Prologue

I said I would, so here it is! Volume two!

-----------------------------------------------

Gene: OK, that's nice, but you still haven't answered my question.

???: We'll get to that in time.

We were in a small room, with a bed, a small table and a chair. There was nothing special about the place, it seemed like a normal everyday nursing room. I was standing beside Gene, who looked slightly confused and irritated. He's not to blame, since he woke up about an hour ago and I've refused to tell him what's happening in the hopes that the light would make its job and restore him.

Gene: I don't understand why you're telling me all of this...

???: We are hoping that if we tell you your story, you will regain your memories.

Gene: But why you? In what you've told me, I didn't meet you until a long time, so why are YOU telling me this?

???: Well, you're attentive. Mike and Liz aren't... Available, and I know enough of the story to tell you. We've been working together for quite some time.

Gene: Who, or what are you?

???: Ill tell you my name later, I want the story to have some mystery and expectation! Maybe it will help you remember. On another note, I am a guardian. An Exo Hunter. Well enough of that, back to the story!

I grabbed the chair and placed it beside Gene's bed.

???: Now, where was I?

Gene: Seriously?

???: Ah, right! You had spent about a month in beacon, both teaching and learning, while at the same time, working in missions for Ozpin. Mike and Liz made full recovery, which helped because of their ghosts healing faster than them. Eventually, Liz joined you in teaching and Mike in hunting. You would go about living a rather peacefully life, at least compared to your old one, without getting bored. Now, that would take a turn during the tournament. Things would get very... Interesting, to say the least.

Gene: *sigh* Why? What happened?

???: We'll get to that in a sec.

Gene: Ugh... Can't you just tell me?

???: All in due time, remember that we are trying to get you your memory back. In theory, the light should have already, but your Vex corruption might be halting it. That and, well, we all know that the light isn't exactly useful with memory gain.

Gene: I don't.

???: ...Of course you don't. Well, I'll tell you right off the bat, if you do get your memory back, you won't remember anything before becoming a Guardian. No one does.

Gene: Oh...

???: Well, enough interruptions! Let's get to it, shall we?

---------------------------------------------

Here it is! And I'm not late! I was debating whether or not making this on the same book, and decided to do so, since it would make the story easier to find. In any case. Thank you for reading and I hope to see you later!

Rest easy souls.