6.2. Life Goes On

After discussing with Ozpin for a little longer, you and your fireteam stepped into the elevator and made your way down to your dorms.

Mike and Liz stood beside you, their helmets stored in their inventory, like yours. You stayed quiet for a bit, thinking, but decided to talk with your friends. You didn't have the chance very often, and there really wasn't anything you could do about the issue at hand.

Gene: So, how are you two doing? Haven't had a lot of chances to talk to you lately. How are you adjusting to the school?

Mike: Well, it's interesting. Everyone is capable of doing some incredible thing, and it sure has made my teaching experience more entertaining.

Gene: You're a combat teacher right?

Mike: Yep, I help Glynda.

Gene: And you Liz? With so many new things, you must be having the time of your life.

Liz: Yeah! I think I've spent more time learning and researching than actually teaching.

Gene: So what exactly do you teach? I've been told you've gone all around the place.

Liz: Yes. Everytime a teacher finds themselves incapable of going to class, I step in. Though I am dedicated to teaching cience.

Gene: Of course you are.

Liz: How about you? I've heard you're more of an agent than a teacher.

Gene: If anything I'd call myself a field teacher. I help teams with teamwork, strategy, survival in the wild. You know, Hunter things.

Liz: So we've all stuck to our strengths.

Gene: Didn't expect anything else.

The elevator door opened, revealing a small lobby like room with several hallways in every direction, with rooms in each side of said hallways. You and the group continued talking as you walked.

Gene: Did they give you an individual dorm?

Mike: Nope, we are coupled up.

Gene: In more ways than one.

Liz: Shut it.

It wasn't a secret to you that these two were dating. They were before the crash landing, and it was obvious to you that they didn't stop. Why would they? Even though it was obvious, Liz was still unwilling to talk about it and tried to keep it a secret.

Emphasis on "tried".

Gene: Well, I'll leave you two alone. I have class soon. Glynda asked for me to help her today. Im pretty sure she's gonna test the teams by making them fight me.

A student from your class, who was walking in the opposite direction from you stopped and paled, his wolf like ears flying upwards.

Mike: What?! Why didn't she get me!? I'm supposed to be the combat teacher!

Gene: Yes, but I'm pretty sure this is more of a test of teamwork than combat.

Mike: Yeah, but that dosen't matter. Besides, Titans are more of the teamworking kind than Hunters.

Gene: Yes, but if they fight me, they are gonna have to fight a person experienced in every fighting style and weaponry type, while if they fight you, they are fighting a big, bulky and powerful armored warrior.

Mike: Are you saying we Titans aren't skilled?

Gene: Please don't start. You know that's not what I mean.

Liz: I agree with Gene. Don't. I don't wanna hear another two hour discussion about Titans being as good if not better than Hunters.

Gene: Besides, when we became Guardians, we were made with a role. I'm physically strong, but if i have to break something with my bare strength, I won't be as quick as a Titan. You are agile, but if you have to go through an obstacle course without breaking things, any Hunter who tries will beat you. We are smart, but if we go against Liz on anything remotely intellectual, we are fighting a loosing battle. That's just what we were made for, but that dosen't mean we aren't capable of doing anything else.

You arrived to your dorm room and opened the door.

Gene: Can I get you guys anything?

Liz: No, I'm good.

Mike: Me too, I guess.

Gene: Okay, then I'm gonna get ready for class. I'll see you two later.

---:#:---

You stood by the door of the classroom as students started walking in. As they saw you, some of them greeted you, but most were confused, and some even panicked a little. They knew what was coming. Eventually you saw the faunus kid who walked by you. He looked at you with a grimace as he walked in.

Your skill and ruthlessness in combat had given you certain fame, which only increased when you began teaching. You were a very "involved" teacher, in the sense that all classes you led were either against you, or an opponent so difficult that they need your help against it. And most fights against you were pretty one sided.

The students didn't hate you, or at least you didn't think so. But you knew that they were preparing themselves mentally to be sore in the morning. At least it was a free day tomorrow.

Near the start of the class, you saw team RWBY and JNPR walking next to each other, heading into class. You saw that Ruby had the Celestial Nighthawk helmet on her hand and, somehow, in the time between their arrival and now, which couldn't have been longer than 30 minutes, she had given the helmet a red and black paint job and had plastered a red rose into the helmet. You smiled. They eventually got close enough to talk to you.

Ruby: Hi teacher! Is everything alright? We spoke with your friends (she probably meant your fireteam) and they told us you were fine, but we were still worried a bit.

Gene: Oh, don't worry about that. I needed to talk to Ozpin urgently, but it's all over now.

Blake: Are you sure? You seemed worried. And you also took a huge risk there.

Gene: Yeah, I was angry, I'm not gonna lie, but I promise you, you don't have to worry about it.

Blake: Is it okay if we still do?

Gene: I guess I don't get a say in the matter.

Yang: So! Moving on to less worrying things, what are you doing here?

Gene: Oh, I'm helping Glynda today. Which means I get more chances to beat stuff up.

----------------------------------------

I have begun editing past chapters. I will make sure not to change anything important. So far, the only changed chapters are Strange Coordinates and The Girl.

Also, I have begun writing a new book! If you're interested in a VRMMORPG story, then check out Viridia Online!

I honestly didn't think Vrmmorpg was a genre, but Im not surprised.

Also, needless to say, Im discontinuing You Don't Belong Here, my Dark Souls book. I'm sorry to the few people that read it and liked it.

I hope you all have a good day!