3. Alone

Ruby Rose was in a mission with her teammates: Yang, Blake and Weiss. This mission was supposed to be a quick elimination mission where they had to kill a few troublesome Grim, and get out easily.

I'm mentioning this because it was Obviously not easy.

And there were more than a FEW troublesome Grimm.

They seemed to be endless. Every time they killed one, another one, far stronger, would take it's place.

Ruby slammed her Scythe, Crescent Rose, into the Beowulf's skull, pulled the trigger, shooting another in the chest, and being pushed back, avoiding the charge of an Elephant Grim (SIDE NOTE: No clue how it is called)
And crashing into her sister, Yang, who had just uppercuted an Ursa so hard its head flew up.

She quickly complained to her sister, saying-There's no end to them!- before cutting a Beowulf in half and using her semblance to avoid another charge by running at an inhuman speed, turning around and shooting the Elephant.

They had killed hundreds of them, they lost count after the 58th one, and they were very exhausted.

Ruby looked to her side and saw Weiss and Blake fighting back to back, Blake baiting the enemies with her semblance into Weiss's magic circles and being frozen, electrified and\or blown up.

Ruby was struck by an Ursa and fell to the ground, but quickly blew its head up with a bullet, got up and almost got struck down again by an Ursa, but jumped and cut its head of, shot another Beowulf while being sent back by the shot, fell on the ground and used her semblance to dodge yet another Ursa.

They were getting desperate, if they didn't run or come up with something now, they where gonna die! And things looked pretty Grim for their survival.

Yet, their prayers where answered.

The Elephant Grim crashed into Ruby and was about to step on her wen a purple light hit the side of it.

It surrounded it and paralyzed it, it then started banishing, and a small purple sphere took its place. The sphere then shot a purple ray at all the surrounding Grim, though it only seemed to slow them ALOT and weaken them, while keeping them in place. They struggled to release themselfs but to no avail.

The girls were shocked, and started looking around to see who or what did that.

Yet you had already left by then.

Ruby: What... What just happened?

Yang: I... Don't know?

Blake: What is that thing? |She said pointing at the purple sphere above Ruby| How is it stopping the Grim like that? Is it a semblance?

Ruby was about to touch it, but after getting a quick scream and insult from Weiss, she decided to get up, and avoid touching it, its rays and the still struggling Grim.

Ruby: What do we do?

Weiss: Well, we ARE supposed to kill these...

Ruby aimed her scythe at a Beowulf and shot it in the head, but wen the bullet hit it, every other Grim flinched as a hole was made on their skulls even though no one shot them, the Beowulfs died, and their bodies, for some reason, exploded, killing other stronger Grim, who also exploded until everything was dead. Afterwards the sphere disappeared, and left the girls even more shocked than before.

Ruby: OH MY GOD!

---:#:---

You and your Ghost were discussing many things, like what those black things are and how they are related to the enemies of Earth, of how your friends are, of how wen you saw that scythe all you wanted to do was smash it through a colosus skull, of how you wondered how those girls were and how you wanted to know if civilization here was thriving or falling.