6. The White Fang

The rain stopped a few minutes ago, and the stars could be seen clearly, lighting up the night sky.

You found the camp and landed your cloaked ship nearby. You were on your way to the camp with Kendra in your arms, while you thought of a way to present yourself to those people.

You've never been very social... Actually Liz and Mike are your only friends in the tower. So yeah, you aren't very social. And thanks to that, you had no idea of how to react in this situation.

Maybe you should just, get near, drop her and leave? Or try to call their attention... Well, you'll decide wen you get there.

Except that you won't have to.

People with mask that were similar to the Grim surrounded you, armed and ready to attack. You think that your Ghost was warning you, but you didn't pay attention.

The people were about to strike wen someone said -Wait! That's Kendra! Put your weapons down!- , after that, they did and one of them went forward. They had wolf ears too... You don't want to be racist but you were pretty sure they were family.

He came close to you and you gave her over. She was still sleeping, the man checked for a pulse, hugged her and said -Oh Kendra! You're ok! Thank god!- and seemed to be crying a little. He looked at you.

???: Thanks for saving my sister, |You called it.|who are you?

Gene: I'm just a traveler mate, I found her being chased by the Grim and gave her a hand.

???: Well, thank god you did... My name is Cole. I'm the leader of this camp, can you take off your helmet and present yourself?

Gene: Sure. |You pulled your cloak of your helmet and took it off| My name is Gene. Nice to meet you.

You noticed that he was shocked, alongside some of the people that could look at your face. You didn't know why but quickly realized it was your red glowing Vex eye.

Gene: Its a mechanical eye. Get over it.

---:#:---

Kendra woke up in the safety of her tent like everyday. She tried to get up, but a crippling pain went through her as soon as she did. She checked under her shirt and saw her stomach was bandaged.

She quickly remembered what happened. The fight against the Grim, her running away, almost dying to the Grim, being saved by Gene...

She realized that Gene must have brought her here. That strange hunter... Who she was pretty sure he was lying about the whole not knowing what the Grim were, about the continent and faunus. He was probably just lying to get her head off the fact that she could have died.

After a little while, someone opened the tent, and she saw that it was her brother, Cole.

He ran at her and hugged her, herself hugging him too. They stayed like that for a little while until her brother said -I'm so glad you are ok...- and let her go.

Cole: I was soo worried about you... I thought you were... Oh thank god for Gene!

Kendra: You met him?

Cole: Yeah, he left you here last night, he said you wouldn't be able to walk for a while, that it would be difficult for you to move and that your arms should heal faster than anything.

Kendra: Oh. Is he still here?

Cole: Yeah, but he and a few of us will leave with him soon.