8. Beacon and A Choice

People all around you were staring and whispering things. You weren't surprised, since your armor was really different from everyone else's, actually some people didn't even wear armor.

This was kind of better than the trip here honestly, since the trip was a deadly silence, mainly because you were trying not to put a knife through their heads. You were still angry about the whole beacon thing.

You and the girls went through the place, getting all sorts of stares and whispers until you made it to the elevator and up you went!

The place was a giant tower and You assumed that you were headed for the top, since it was taking far too long.

Finally, the door opened, and you saw the place.

It was a big office with a desk on the middle, and the back wall had a window. There was a man sitting in the desk, he had white hair and skin, and brown eyes. He said

???: Welcome Back team RWBY, how did your mission go? |He said, then looked in your direction| and... Who is this?

Ruby: Stay here Gene.

And with that, she and her team went forward and started talking to the man. You couldn't quite hear what they said, but you didn't even try. After a small time, the man turned to you and said.

???: Team RWBY, you may go now, Gene, was it? Come, sit down.

You hesitantly went forward, and past "Team RWBY", went to the desk and sat down in front of the man. He said.

???: Please take off your helmet.

And you did, your HUD dissapearing from sight. You put it off to the side. The man seemed to be interested on your eye, but decides to ignore it.

???: My name is Professor Ozpin, Director of the Beacon Academy. Your name is Gene, right?

Gene: Right.

Ozpin: Alright Gene, I wanted to ask you, were are you from?

You tried to recall the name of the continents, and you picked a random one:

Gene: Vacuo.

He stayed quiet for a second, and said.

Ozpin: If you are lying, then you've got something to hide. What is it?

You were surprised he realized so fast. Maybe because you didn't say a village name? Though its probably your gear. You thought your next answer, and then said the whole Island thing you told Kendra.

Ozpin: If you are so quick to say the truth, then its not true. Plus, i think we'd know if that existed.

Dammit. You thought. This guy was really good at reading people. And it was pissing you off.

Ozpin: You can tell me the truth Gene.

Gene: ... Heh, if I tell you the truth, you'll think I'm either out of ideas to lie with, or insane.

Ozpin: Why don't you try? You might be surprised.

Gene: The only one who's gonna be surprised is you.

Ozpin: Then surprise me. I just want to help you.

You were getting tired of this. You wanted to avoid telling the truth... Though, now that you thought about it, you were planning to bring the Vanguard here, and it probably would be better if they knew about the Guardians being friends before we pretty much invade their planet. For their own sake.

So you decided to tell him. But you were gonna need ALOT of proof.

Gene: Alright. I'll tell you. But... Be open minded, I'll try to give you proof, but be prepared for anything.