16. Nightmare

"KIM TAEHYUNG!! YOU FAT ASS!! GO LOSE SOME WEIGHT! YOU LOOK LIKE A PIG!"

I heared the students yell as soon as I arrived at school.

I ignored them, fear surging through me.

"LOOK AT THAT PYSCHO BOY. HE'S IGNORING US! YOU UNWORTHY WEIRDO!"

With fear settling up in my whole body, I didn't know what to do.

Suddenly, two hands grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me all the way to the back of the school building.

"Look who we have here. You tried to avoid us, huh? Where's the money we told you to bring with you, psycho boy?"

I had always tried my best. I did all my best to do what they asked me to do. but effort never mattered.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'll .. I c-couldn't steal the m-money from m-my m-mother cause she w-was at home the w-whole weekend. I-I'll do it  n-next time. I-I promise" I said quietly. My head lowered.

"NEXT TIME, HUH ?! YOU WANT TO DO IT NEXT TIME ?! NOW LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT PIGS GET WHEN THEY DON'T LISTEN."

I could see his hands already turning into fists.

He swung his fist at me. As the first one hit my jaw, I fell onto the ground. Folding myself into a ball, trying to protect myself.

They surrounded me with all 8 of them and kept punching.

"YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT!!! YOU'RE NOT WORTH ANYTHING ON THIS PLANET !! YOU FUCKING PIG! NO ONE LIKES YOU AND NO ONE WILL EVER LIKE YOU!"

They kept on swunging fists and punching me harshly in the stomach. I felt like collapsing any time soon.

"p-p-please. S-stop. P-please" I pleaded as they all kept on hitting. Some on my back and some on my stomach.

He shouted a stop and they all backed off.

With effort, I slowly tilted my head and looked his way. He picked up a chair that he sat on minutes ago and made his way towards my shaking figure.

"Now let me teach you a lesson so you listen better next time !"

"PSYCHO BOY!"

-

Taehyung's pov :

"PLEASE, NO!" I shot up, panting hard.

Sweat dripping from my forehead. I was sobbing and trembling violently.

As I was shaking, I felt something move beside me. I slightly startled, totally forgetting about the fact that Jungkook slept beside me.

"Taehyung? is everything alright?" He asked as he sat up.

There was a stroke of sunlight peeking through the curtains making my puffy, teary red eyes and swollen lips visible.

"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked again.

I just nodded and burried my face into my hands. Trying to muffle the cries.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here Taehyung." I heard him say softly as he pulled me close to him.

"Let's lay down." He carefully layed me down and started caressing my back and hugged me. I buried my face into his shoulder as I cried quietly.

"Everything is going to be alright, Taehyungie. It was just a bad dream." He said softly as he rubbed my back.

He ran his fingers through my hair. I began to calm down slowly as he continued rubbing circles on my back.

This is the first time, V didn't show up.

He usually always shows up when I have nightmares, or when I'm crying. But why didn't he this time?

And, why do I feel so comfortable around Jungkook?

I mean, it feels right when I'm with Jungkook.

I hate socializing, I hate making new friends, I hate people touching me, I hate me touching people, I hate talking to others. Yet none of these things show up when I'm around him.

Why am I feeling different around him? Why am I feeling... safe around him?