33. Goodbye

Author's pov:

The knock that resonated through the room had startled Taehyung awake from his nap.

He let out a heavy sigh and stepped out of his cozy bed. He shambled towards the door and opened it.

"Hi, step bro." Mingyu greeted with a small smile.

Taehyung gulped and didn't know what to do. ''What are you doing here?''

''We need to talk.''

Taehyung shook his head no. "I'm not in the mood to talk. There's nothing to talk about anyway."

Just when the brunette wanted to close the door, Mingyu used his hand to stop it from closing. ''You never listen, do you?''

Mingyu took a step inside which made Taehyung take a few steps backwards in fear.

''Look, I just want to talk to you about a few things.''

"And I said I don't want to talk." Taehyung tried his utter best to look and sound fearless.

Mingyu's smile faded away. "Then what must I mess with this time for you to obey?"

Taehyung gulped once again. He felt his fingers starting to tremble and his knees were getting weak.

"Who's the most precious to you? Is it.. Jungkook?" Mingyu said with a sinister grin.

Taehyung couldn't believe what he was hearing, he didn't want to believe it. This was the reason why he didn't want Jungkook to get too close to him.

He felt weak in front of the older. The fear and the memories that he tried so hard to forget keep flashing by each time he had to face Mingyu.

Taehyung took a few steps closer to Mingyu and dropped to his knees, lowering his head. ''Don't hurt Jungkook, please.. He's all I have.''

Mingyu looked down at Taehyung, the sinister grin strangely turned into a soft smile. ''And what if I do hurt him, what will you do about it?''

Tears stung Taehyung's eyes. ''Just continue hurting me, continue bothering me and continue threatening me. Mess with me all you want, but please leave Jungkook out of this.''

"I know hurting you won't hurt you as much as hurting your precious Jungkook.''

Taehyung felt like breaking down any second, he couldn't handle Mingyu on his own, as always.

"V, I need you." He thought as he kept his head low and shut his eyes tightly.

"But I gotta say that I'm proud of you that you managed to find a friend." Mingyu said as he wandered through the room.

Taehyung opened his eyes and frowned. This was the first time ever V didn't show up when he asked him to.

Usually, in situations like these, Taehyung doesn't even have to call for V to show up, since V always shows up on his own, especially when Taehyung feels threatened or scared.

"V, I need you. Please show up." Taehyung thought again, still on his knees.

Mingyu let out a heavy sigh as he sat down on Taehyung's desk chair, watching the younger in front of him still on his knees.

"V, where are you?" Taehyung's stored tears were beginning to blur his vision. All he wanted was for V to show up.

Mingyu stood up, approaching Taehyung. The brunette felt as if his heart would stop any second.