eight

"I'M GOING to piss myself

"I'M GOING to piss myself."

Ash rolled her eyes. "Richie."

"I'm serious!" Her boyfriend whirled around to face her. "I am literally going to piss myself!"

They had resolved the argument they had had at school a couple of weeks before, Richie promising to at least be civil around Spencer and try to give him a chance, and Ash promising not to be so pissy when she was on her period.

Both of these terms were brought up by Stan, who made them apologize to each other, saying, "What the hell were you supposed to expect from an Asshole Duo?"

Now, they were waiting.

"Maybe this wasn't such a great idea." Richie said anxiously, checking out the window for at least the tenth time, and this time it was Eddie who spoke.

"Richie. We've had this planned out for weeks. Ash came and convinced my mom to let me go, Bill's dad is actually letting us use his cabin for the last few days of break, and your-"

He was interrupted by the sound of a horn blaring, and Richie slipped and fell to the floor. "Shit! Shit, shit, shit!"

"Are you serious right now?" Ash stared down at him in disbelief as Eddie resignedly helped him to his feet, glancing at her.

"Let me do our thing right quick before he has a full blown panic attack."

Ash watched in bewilderment as Eddie interlocked both of their hands and looked into Richie's eyes, saying softly, "Breathe on my count. One. . .two. . ."

Richie sucked in a breath, and as he did so Eddie gently squeezed his fingers while saying 'three', and Richie blew out.

They did this a couple of more times until Richie's breathing was steady again, and Eddie dropped his hands, brushing them off.

"There you go. Plain and simple. Works like a charm." He told Ash, who's eyebrows had been raised.

"If he wasn't d-dating Ash, Ru-Ru-Richie would be totally g-gay for you, Eddie." Bill said, smirking, and Eddie's cheeks colored.

Richie mumbled, "You're one to talk." And Ash kicked him sharply in the shin, making him wince.

Then, a knock sounded loudly at the door and Richie bolted from the room, Ash following quickly on his heels as Stan, Bill, Ben, and Eddie trailed behind.

As they neared the door, they heard a familiar voice say, "Son of a bitch. He knows it's us!"

"Maybe he's not home?"

"Bull! I saw them all lookin' through the freakin windows!"

Richie looked at Ash, who shoved him towards the door, and Richie slowly put a hand on the knob.