twenty-one

and it's too late ,

the story's over now , the end

-wide awake by katy perry

X ; end

and when the world ,

is crashing down around

your very own ears,

what the hell are you to do?

"DO YOU all remember when we were here on the last day of school in freshman year?" Ash asked.

The boys all nodded, and Eddie shot a smirk at Richie. "And Richie got jealous because I paid for Ash's food."

They all laughed, and Richie's ears went red. "Shut up."

Ash gave his hand a squeeze, resting her head on his shoulder and glancing around at them all, Bill's arm slung around Stan, Ben looking considerably more thin, and Eddie looking at Richie with twinkling eyes as late summer sunlight streamed in through the window of the ice cream parlor.

Richie nudged her. "So, where are you staying? You are staying, aren't you?"

His eyes flickered with the slightest bit of worry, and Ash smiled gently at him.

"Yes, Rich, I'm staying. Mom never sold our house so that's where I'm living." She answered, and he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Are you gonna be here for, y'know, senior year?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck, and Ash nodded.

"Yep. I'm finishing up the school year right here with my best friends." She announced, and Eddie let out a whoop with the rest of the boys following suit.

Richie shook his head at her. "Well, just a heads up. High school is worse than that killer clown we had to fight."

Ash made a face at him. "Maybe even worse that that because I have to deal with you, my whiny boyfriend."

There was a chorus of "oooh's" from the other boys, who grinned at the pair, and Richie's cheeks flushed.

"Boyfriend?" He asked, and Ash shrugged, smiling cheekily. "Y'know, if you want."

His hand gripped her's tighter. "God, is that even a question at this point?"

She laughed again, and then he said, "You wanna get out of here?"

Ash nodded, and waved to the other boys, calling, "See you tomorrow!" as Richie practically dragged her out the door.

"Richie, where are-"