sixteen

"HE'S NOT even that good looking! He's a stupid, crusty ass, I'm-Spencer-Allen-and-I-can't-do-my-math-homework-without-help asshole!"

The Losers had been listening to Richie rant about the monstrosity that was Spencer Allen for the past 10 minutes, and Stan had already been up to get more salad 10 consecutive times.

Richie paused to take a breather, glaring at the table, and then looked up as Stan got back to the lunch table, narrowing his eyes.

"You're eating salad?"

Stan slowly looked down at his tray, and then back up at Richie, his forehead creasing. "Uh, yeah?"

Richie's eyes flicked to the left and then back. "I thought you were Jewish."

Stan rolled his eyes, slapping his hand onto the table. "For the last time, Richie! Just because I'm Jewish it doesn't mean I can't eat salad!"

"Whatever you say, Oy." Richie said in a snarky accent, and Stan looked murderous.

"Don't call me Oy."

"Now you know how I feel when he calls me Eds!" Eddie chimed in, and Stan turned furiously to him. "That's different because you secretly like it!"

Eddie's face went bright red as he glanced at Richie, who seemed to notice nothing, asking more to himself than anyone, "So can you still eat ice cream if you're Jewish?"

He turned to discuss this with Ben, who looked pained, and Eddie used this momentary distraction to lean across the table to Stan and hiss, "Will you shut up?"

"What!?" Stan asked innocently, and Bill put his head on Stan's shoulder, raising his eyebrows. "Yeah, it wasn't like you weren't being obvious at Richie's at all."

Eddie stared at them. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"You like Richie, dipshit!" Bill said bluntly, and Eddie cringed, swiftly glancing at Richie who was still involved in conversation with Ben.

"No, I don't." He mumbled, and when they both stared at him, both unbelieving for a couple more seconds, Eddie finally cracked.

"It's stupid. I know he's not gay, it's just. . ." He trailed off, biting his lip, his cheeks now a rosy red. "I don't know. Him and Ash are perfect, you know? Or they were. This is so messed up, them being apart like this. I hate it. It's not normal, it's not- it's not right."

He looked up, and saw both boys nodding slowly.

"So, you and this Richie thing. Do you like him?" Stan asked, and Eddie huffed a breath of air, looking again at Richie, who was still talking Ben's ear off.

"I did. And then, I saw how torn up he was about Ash, and I knew I had to stop. That's- that's why I kissed him. Kinda like saying. . .goodbye." Eddie twisted his small hands together. "I think I might have been in love with him. Since the beginning of the summer. It wasn't really Ash I wanted, I think. I think I wanted Rich, and convinced myself it was Ash instead."

He swallowed, his eyes meeting theirs. "But I'm over it. Now, I guess. I'm moving on to someone else. This guy in my language arts. I just thought you all should know."

Bill pressed his lips together, biting back a grin. "That was the cutest fucking thing I've heard all day."

"What's the cutest fucking thing you've heard all day?"

They all glanced up at Richie, who pinched Eddie's cheek. "Was it lil Eddie Spaghetti's laugh? Cause you'd be right! Cutie cute cute cute!"

"Beep, beep Richie." Eddie shoved his hand away, and his cheeks flamed as Bill and Stan shot each other small secretive smiles, sharing the secret that Eddie Kaspbrak knew they would never tell. Not in a million years.

And that was why he loved them. All of them. And that moment was most likely the moment when Eddie knew he would do whatever it took to get the Asshole Duo back together.

Because this, this was who they were. They were the Losers Club. And they weren't the Losers Club without Richie and Ash.

~

Okay, okay, okay.

So he lied. He said he was going to fifth period, when instead he ditched to smoke behind the school, silent tears slipping down his cheeks as he held Ash's cigarette box in his hands.

Richie Tozier was an emotional wreck.

He could admit that.

So it was with a heavy heart he crushed his second cigarette against the school building and headed back in the doors to go back to class- when he ran right into Spencer Allen.

And Spencer didn't even hesitate, pushing Richie backwards back outside, and Richie stumbled, shooting his head up to glare at him.

"What do you want?" He snapped, and Spencer leaned against the side of the building.

"I wanna talk to you." He answered, and Richie snorted.

"That makes one of us, asshead, so if you could kindly fuck off that'd be great."

Spencer took a step towards him, his eyes squinting into slits. "I wouldn't be a smartass if I were you, Tozier."

"Oh really?" Richie taunted mockingly. "Well, obviously I should listen to you, the great Spencer Allen who obviously knows everything in the world. Well you sure know how to steal a guy's girlfriend and how to terrify and manipulate everyone, so good for you!"

Spencer acted like he hadn't heard Richie, leaning in close to his face, inches from it. "I also know how to hurt people. And your ex-girl is on the top of my list. So I'd shut up, if I were you."

Richie all at once felt his bloodstream go ice cold. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me. And Ashley Brenner isn't going to know what hit her when I'm through with her. What are you going to do about it, freak?"

Richie's face contorted into anger, and he said, "If you so much as lay a finger on her, I'm going to tear you limb from limb. And you know what? She's going to know about this. Because I'm going to tell her. And if she won't listen to me, then I'll get one of my friends to tell her. And she'll be far fucking away from you, and you will never get a chance to be near her again."

Spencer smirked, his eyes shining. "Oh are you?"

Then, in one swift movement, he had grabbed Richie by the arms and slammed him up against the side of the school, clenching his teeth so hard Richie could hear them knocking against each other as he tried to twist out of Spencer's grip.

"Let the fuck go of me!" He said sharply, and Spencer snarled, "First, you're going to listen to me, Trashmouth."

Richie flinched at the nickname, and Spencer's smirk became wider as he continued, moving his lips just next to Richie's ear.

"If you breathe one word about this to Ashley or any of your freak friends, I will snap her neck so fast she won't even have time to scream."

Richie paled as Spencer pulled away from him, scanning his expression. "Got it?"

Richie just stared at him, completely horrified, and Spencer's grip tightened on his arms. "I said, got it?"

He made himself force out, "Got it.", and Spencer let go of him, making Richie crumple to the ground.

"See you around, Tozier."

And with that, Spencer Allen disappeared back into the school, his threats ringing in Richie's ears.

heyyyy you guys! hope you all had a good thanksgiving, and hope you liked this update! v and c for me!!