nine

"I CAN'T believe we're going home tomorrow!" Ash said, flopping onto the couch

Mike was at her feet, his head resting against her legs. "Me either."

Richie on the other hand, was nowhere near his girlfriend for once. He was sitting on the other couch, watching the pair of them sullenly.

Needless to say, Richie was not happy with her in the slightest.

He had just about lost it during truth or dare. How could they have dared her to kiss someone who wasn't him? And Mike of all people!

Then, after the kiss, the whole rest of the trip Mike had been trailing Ash like a lost puppy- and she wasn't doing anything to get him away either.

In fact, Richie didn't think he had had one single moment alone with Ash on this trip that hadn't also included Mike.

'Yeah, it's been the greatest." He said sarcastically, and Ash looked up at him, her forehead creasing.

"What's up, Rich?"

Mike looked at him too, and Richie shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing. Just saying how much I enjoyed the trip. There a problem?"

The pair of them stared at each other, an icy chill hanging in the air between them, and Ash opened her mouth to speak when Stan and Bill burst into the room, Stan's arm hooked around his shoulders.

"We're going f-fishing!" Bill announced, and Stan laughed, stumbling a bit off balance as Bill struggled to keep him from completely toppling to the ground.

Richie tore his gaze away from Ash and his expression contorted into one of bewilderment. "I don't remember this being on Stan's schedule."

"Yeah, w-well it's the last day, and I g-g-got him to im-improvise." Bill shrugged, and then turned, speaking down to Stan, "If y-you don't learn to control yuh-yourself, Stanley, you w-won't be able t-to have your arm ar-around me anymore."

Stan took a few deep breaths and then raised up, a grin on his face. "Fine, Big Bill."

Bill shook his head wearily as Richie said, "So we're going fishing? Who's coming with us?"

Stan squinted, thinking hard. "Umm, Lucas and Dustin said they were gonna go hiking. I think Will is taking a nap and-"

"H-he said if St-Stan and I come in th-there one more t-t-time he's going to mu-murder us." Bill interjected, and Stan closed his eyes briefly.

"Yeah, so he's trying to relax. So who wants to come?"

Richie looked over at Ash. "You wanna go fishing babe?"

She bit her lip, and then nodded. "Why not?"

"Great!" Richie said enthusiastically, and then Mike piped up, "Dude, I haven't gone fishing since I was like three. Let's do it."