I : Together Again

A/N: This is my first story, I hope you like it so far! I will also try to make as much chapters as I can! If I don't make any in a while, it's most likely because of school.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     The two kids giggled as they appeared through the portal from the boy's pink cat. They were at Connie's residence, Lion stopping to drop the Indian girl off.
Steven was overly joyful to have his best friend talking to him. He felt depressed once he noticed how Connie has never responded to any of his texts or calls.

The two friends hopped off the giant pink animal. Steven chuckled, "I'm glad we dealt with Kevin for the... what was it? Second time?" Connie smiled with a shrug. "Honestly, I lost track." "Hah, same!"
They walked over to the house door. "Well, this is goodbye. For now, at least." Connie looked down at Steven with a polite smile. "Yeah. I'll see you Sunday." "You won't ignore my texts, right?" Steven said, double checking. Connie rolled her eyes playfully, "I won't ignore you." "Good. See you tomorrow, Connie!" He gave her a hug goodbye before crawling back onto Lion to teleport back to the beach house.

.:The Next Morning:.

Steven woke up in an excited mood. He crawled out of bed, heading straight to the bathroom. He took a shower, brushed his teeth, and cleaned his ears. He sprinted out of the bathroom, sitting on the couch.
     Amethyst appeared from her room. "Hey, Stevo. Did anything dramatic happen at this Kevin guy's party?" Steven shrugged. "I guess? I kind of took Kevin's advice on how to talk to Connie 'correctly', and uh... it didn't go very well. But at least Connie and I actually talked and everything is fine now!" Amethyst walked over to Steven, ruffling his hair. "Nice, dude! Took you two long enough,"
     Amethyst headed to the fridge after, looking through the frozen items. She got out a frozen popsicle, swallowing it whole. Closing the fridge, she walked back to the temple door. "You're leaving so soon?" Steven chimed in. The purple gem shrugged. "Well, yeah. Everybody else isn't going on a mission in, like, a few hours. Might as well chill for a bit before going into another battle." Her gem glowed, causing the door to open to her messily destroyed room. "See ya, buddy," she said before walking into her room.

     Seconds after Amethyst left, Steven's phone buzzed. He quickly grabbed it, a relieved smile coming to his face as he saw Connie's text.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

{S= Steven; C= Connie}

C: Hey Steven! What are you up to today?
S: Not much. Going in a mission in a few hours tho
C: Oh. Will I be able to come with?
S: Idk. I hope so
C: Are you free right now?
S: Always
C: Sweet. Meet at the beach at 10?
S: Yup! See you
C: See you soon.

.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.

     Steven set his phone down, taking a glance at his Cookie Cat clock. It read '9:37'. He still had some time to kill before she came. He got off the couch, walking upstairs to his room. He plopped down in front of his bed, grabbing a controller from his game set. Turning on the TV, he played games like Frogger and Pokémon.

     Once it was almost time, Steven turned off his TV. He walked downstairs to the small closet they had under the staircase. He got out a swimsuit in case if she wanted to go swimming.
     As he put his swimsuit on the couch, he heard a faint: "Steven!" He closed the closet door, leaving his swim suit behind. He walked outside the door, looking down from the balcony to find Connie in one of her beautiful dresses.
     He blushed slightly, smiling broadly as he walked down the steps. "And you thought I wouldn't text you," Connie taunted. "Whatever!" Steven huffed. She hid a shy smile with her hand. "Anyway, it feels so nice to talk to you again. I know I said that before, but I can't help but repeat it." Steven chuckled, "I agree! It does feel nice after you ignored me for a few weeks..." Connie slightly winced. "I'm sorry if I hurt you, I didn't mean to, I-" "It's fine." Steven interrupted, "It was my fault, anyway... I shouldn't have left you like that."
     The two kids stood silent, Connie rubbing her arm selfishly. "Wanna go swimming?" Steven asked nervously. She looked down, "I... didn't bring a swimsuit," "Who says you need a swimsuit to go swimming?" Steven explained with one of his dorky smiles. Connie shrugged. "I could also hand you some spare clothes," He added. She thought for a moment, "Yeah, okay! Sure," Steven smiled widely. "Awesome! I'll go change!" He sprinted to the beach house.
Once he came back out, he noticed how Connie was in her short pants and tank top. She smiled shyly, blushing. Steven smiled back, skipping over to his friend. They both hopped into the cooling water of the ocean, giggling and splashing each other.

A few hours passed by, and the Gems finally appeared. Garnet was the first to walk outside. "Steven. It's time to go." The tall, mysterious gem nodded a hello to Connie after doing so. "Aww, do I gotta go?" Steven whined. "Yes," she flicked her shades, adding, "and Connie cannot come. She has skillful sword fighting, but this is still too dangerous for her. We must leave now. Come on, Steven." The two kids exchanged glances. Steven sighed, "Okay..." They both got out of the water, drying themselves off quickly. Steven gave Connie a hug goodbye before leaving with Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl.