VIII : Missing Part II

"They're missing! I don't know what happened! I just got home and they vanished!" Connie exclaimed, her voice flooded with anxiety and fear. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Connie, relax!" Steven spoke, trying to comfort her. "When did they disappear?" "Y-Yesterday... and they still aren't back!" She looked at him, forcing herself to hold back tears. He looked down, scratching his head. "Do you know if there was some special occasio-"
Connie grabbed him by his shirt. "Steven- I told you! They are missing! Nothing is going on, they just vanished and I'm really worried!" She let go of him, pacing as she clenched onto her hair. "What if they got in a car accident? What if they got killed? What if-" A hand rested on her shoulder. She looked behind her, seeing Steven looking up at her.
His eyes were soft and warm, causing Connie's worries to calm down. Her eyes filled with tears as she hugged him tightly. Steven hugged her back, trying his best to soothe her. "It's going to be okay," he said softly. "No, it's not," Connie whimpered into his shoulder.
Steven sighed. "Connie, I'll do my best to find them. For you." Connie looked up and faced him, her eyes wet from crying. Steven let a small smile paste into his face as he wiped her eyes softly. "I love you. And you know that I'll do anything to make you my happy little strawberry." He leaned up and kissed her forehead. Connie's cheeks turned a dark red, saying nothing in response. "Let's see if Lion will know where they are. He always knows." Steven walked away from Connie, leaving the girl brushing her hair behind her ear shyly, her face still a slight scarlet color.

      "See! I told you Lion knew where they were!" Steven smiled widely as the two peered from a hill. From below it showed Connie's parents chatting with some of their friends (or workmates). Connie gave out a small sigh of relief as she flooded her body below the top of the hill. Steven grinned, watching her. "There's nothing to worry about, Connie." "I-I... I just thought that... since the mutant gem from the hospital I thought..." Connie was loss of words. "Hey, hey! Connie... calm down. There's nothing to be scared of. Everything's fine." He slid down next to her, grabbing her hand softly.
      Connie looked over at him, her gaze filled with thankfulness and love. She let free a weak-like smile, still shook from the moments of her freaking out. Her eyes reached up towards the sky, watching the clouds hover by. Steven didn't remove his gaze that was still attached to Connie's face. "I... eh... overreacted. I'm sorry," She apologized, her voice sounded similar to the feeling of regret. "Hey, like I said before. It's all good,"
     He jumped on top of her, blocking her view with his face. Connie let out a giggle, pushing away the thought of wondering of what the boy was doing. "I find this a beautiful view." Steven smirked, causing Connie to blush, her eyes shut as she held back a laugh with her fingertips, a toothy smile replaced her mouth. "Steven, stop it. I'm not that beautiful." Steven gasped, the tone sounding offended. "That is not true! You're beautiful inside and outside!"
      Connie rolled her eyes with a smile, leaning up to give his lips a peck. After the short kiss, Steven smiled broadly, not leaving his spot. "Can you get off me now, Mr. Oh Powerful Almighty Gem?" "And why would I do that to such a gorgeous sight before me?" Steven played along, a smirk rested on his face. "Oh, I don't know, to let this 'gorgeous sight' see the real beautiful views ahead of her?" "Hmm... alright love bug!" He rolled away, laying perfectly beside her.

Connie let out a sigh.

"This is nice."

~~~~~~
A/N: Okay before anyone yells at me— yes, I have been gone for way too long. I will try to make up for that as much as I can. This might be one of the really short ones, so just bear with me.

See you all later!
~ Artsy