Chapter 9

I groaned and my eyes fluttered open. I was in a small bed with a heart monitor and IV connected to me along with a oxygen mask over my face. I wasn't in a hospital though, I wasn't even home. I was probably still Red Hoods little captive. I went to sit up but found it very painful, I cried out in pain and flopped back down. The door to the room swung open and red Hood stepped through. 

"God don't you ever do that to me again. You hear me." He said sternly looking towards me. 

He took off his helmet and threw it aside so it was just his domino mask.

"Do what?" I asked sluggishly.

"Don't you ever come that close to death ever again." He said sitting beside me in the bed.

"Why do you care?" I asked raising a brow.

I sounded weak, I probably looked weaker.

"I've always cared Tanya. Your just to stupid to see that." He said brushing a strand of hair off my face.

I rolled my eyes. There's something about him that familiar but I just can't scratch it. I flet my eyelids getting heavier and he rubbed my cheek with his gloved thumb.

"Why don't you get some rest baby doll." He said soothingly.

"I'll be here when you wake up." He said with a small smile still rubbing my cheek.

That's when it struck me. 

I laid on the medical bed all brushed and bandaged where I was stabbed in the gut from before. Jason walked over to me he sat in he bed next to me with tears running down his face.

"Don't you ever do that again." He said sternly rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"I'd do it again if it meant you were okay." I said with a small smile.

"No, don't you go getting yourself killed because of me." He said sternly but soothingly.

"Better than me living without you." I said holding his hand in my cheek.

He brought his hand down with my held inbetween both of his.

"Why don't you I hope get some rest baby doll." He said with a smile.

"I'll be here when you wake up." He said kissing my forehead.

"Jason." I mumbled as the pull of sleep dragged me under,