dorky enterprises p.t 1

today is the first day of school, some would say she was ready but only psychically! she was so nervous.

she styled her hair, adjusting her coat and grabbing her bag as she sprinted out the door.

she couldn't believe she was going to be late on the FIRST day! she huffed and accidently knocked into some guy on the sidewalk, falling to the ground.

"ow," she whispered. she blinked and looked up, the guy was still standing. her physically light body probably didn't cause enough force–thankfully, in her case.

"sorry- didn't see you!" she reluctantly stood up and turned to nod and watch him as she began sprinting back down the sidewalk.

"it's- it's alright!" he called out from behind her.

--

a familiar sight walked inside the classroom. a new girl, she looked familiar yet benny didn't know who she was.

the girl he had ran into this morning. he smiled, she looked nervous. he watched her bite her lip as the teacher introduced her, her cautiously explaining things about herself.

benny lightly nudged ethan with his elbow, "yo, e. look at adorable she is!"

ethan picked up his head and glared at him. "dude, don't tell me you already have a crush on the poor girl!"

he smirked and shook his head, "no, she's just adorable. saw her this morning. bumped into me when she was running to school."

ethan rolled his eyes and laid his head back down the desk, groaning softly. "idiot."

after alexis finished introducing herself, the teacher assigned her a seat. a seat next to a boy with his head down, and the other, the boy she ran into the same morning. she mentally sighed, of course.

her first impression must've been awful. she nervously walked over and sat down, setting her bag aside the desk.

"so, alexis huh?" benny asked the girl, making her head click over and her eyes opened in surprise.

she nodded her head yes in embarrassment, it had came from the boy she ran into. she avoided eye-contact, fiddling with her fingers.

"don't worry, i'm not upset about this morning." benny sent her a grin, making her lightly smile. she was more or so defeated by the fact that he hadn't forgotten. "i'm benny. this here," he placed his hand on ethan's back, "is e. formally known as ethan!"

alexis's smile slowly widened but only slightly, making benny feel better about their introduction.

--

after class, alexis hurried to pick up her bag and shuffle out the door, gripping her bag straps tightly as benny called out her name behind her.

she froze and spun around in confusion, usually people never speak to her this early in a school year.

"hey! lex- mind if i call you that?"

alexis slowly nodded, liking the new nickname. benny nodded and he patted ethan's back. "well, lex, i am formally inviting you to have lunch with us later."

ethan shuffled on the other leg, gripping his backpack strap awkwardly. he leaned closer to benny's ear and mumbled, "she's going to say no dude. you weirded her out."

"uh," alexis croaked, "yeah- yeah, sure. it'll be better than sitting alone."

"fantastic! see you then!" the two boys walked off to their next class. alexis watched them leave before turning and walking to hers. maybe she had made new friends already.