lawn of the dead

"think about it guys! anything we want. cash, cars, candy," benny listed off, counting each one on his fingers.

"so, you only want to use magic spells for stuff that starts with 'c'?" alexis questioned with a smirk, adjusting her bag strap. benny rolled his eyes.

"once, we were lowly high school noobs. now we're vampire killing, spell-casting rock stars! the world is our oyster!"

"have you ever actually tried oysters?" ethan asked, "not something you want to swallow - more like something you'd cough up."

benny looked at him in complete disgust. "yeah, nice. nice image to start the day. there's the image i need!" benny pointed forward, his fingers landing on a blonde girl who was speaking with her friends, her face full of sadness.

alexis noticed the googly-eyes benny gave the girl, her heart had only slightly hurt. was she always so hurt when benny looked at another girl? why did it always make her feel bad? she didn't like him, she couldn't have.

alexis murmured something underneath her breath, making benny look over and question her. though, she only shook her head.

benny looked back at ethan. "i know you're the "see-er" and all, but i can see her with me."

"wish it was me.." alexis murmured, rubbing her neck, only slightly louder which definitely had almost been heard by benny but it more or caught ethan instead.

"what was that?" ethan asked, sending her a confused look.

"nothing guys. you must be hearing things today," she chuckled nervously, rubbing her neck.

ethan shook his head and looked back at benny. "keep the magic on the down low - remember? life just got back to normal."

"would you relax? ivgot this." benny brought his hand from behind his back, a bouquet of pink flowers appearing in his hand. he walked closer to the girl with a large grin, gifting it to her.

"hey, can i talk to you both?" sarah asked, coming up behind them with a surprise.

"hey, how goes it? what's new?" ethan smiled, alexis smiling and waving.

"can i borrow twenty dollars, friends? it's for a good cause," sarah asked nicely.

ethan nervously looked at her. "twenty dollars? like now? uh.."

alexis shook her head, slipping twenty dollars from her back pocket and counting two tens, handing it to sarah gently.

"thanks! i'll pay you back!" sarah hugged her tightly, her hugging back before there was crying and benny walking back over with a grin on his face.

"- awesome news - della's dog died!"

"and that's good news?" sarah furrowed her eyebrows, alexis slowly pressing two fingers at the bridge of her nose in irritation.

"yeah!"

"nice.. i gotta go. later." sarah walked off, alexis holding her arms and sighing.

"she said she loved my flowers. and then she said she'd do anything to bring her dog back. anything!"

benny's eyes switched from between the girl and boy, smiling. ethan and alexis shared worried looks before alexis shook her head and brought up her hands in fake-surrender. "uh uh, no. you can deal with this alone. i am not getting involved with this."

--

alexis angrily walked over to ethan and benny, a few scratches on her face. "what did you dorks do? i was attacked by three squirrels with red eyes this morning!"