smells like trouble

alexis yawned and stepped into her bathroom, looking into the mirror to only see a few flashes of her reflection before it dissapeared completely. she sighed, got dressed, and headed to school.

"c'mon, you two, need to join my fun," erica whined, sending us a quick fang shoot and a wink.

"sorry, we don't drink humans!" sarah rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

"fine. whatever."

"don't tell the boys, please. i'll them when i'm ready."

they nodded and agreed, they also said that if they broke their promise, alexis would be able to stab them. that's fun.

the girls closed their lockers and headed towards benny and ethan, benny striking up a conversation, "hey ladies, what do ya say?"

"drop dead geek?" erica remarked, earning a snicker from alexis.

"easy, babe, easy."

"hey, nothing personal, i just don't hang out with dorks," erica said, the trio of girls passing by the boys.

"just wanted to see if you... want a sample of this new dusk perfume," benny murmured, erica whipping around in curiosity. erica may be a vampire, but definitely still a dusk fan.

"yeah, it's supposed to even make undead people smell like flowers and other girly stuff. wanna try it?"

"yes! oh, please!" erica shouted while sarah grabbed her arm.

"no, thanks!" sarah and alexis said in unison.

"just one little spritz?"

sarah went into deep thought before nodding and letting erica take it from benny. erica sprayed some on herself when sarah stepped next to her to take it. alexis stood back, in no way did she want any of what benny made on her.

suddenly, sarah ran up to ethan, giggling while erica did the same to benny. alexis's jaw slightly dropped at the sight, she stared straight at benny, pinching her nose. "what did you geeks do?!"

"we may have made a love-" benny said before alexis cut him off.

"don't! i can't believe you-well, actually i can, but seriously?" alexis shook her head before watching erica place her lips on benny's.

perhaps, maybe it was the spell. so she couldn't be super mad at her, but this did hurt her entirely. her heart dropped at the sight, tears filling her eyes before she took off towards her class.

--

alexis rushed to the janitors closet, shuffling around the tubs and shelves, finding a unused clothespin. she closed her nose up, heading into the halls to pass by girls dropping their things to head to another place. each seemed like they were smelling something.

she hurried to class, sitting next to rory who was confused by every girl giving benny a note behind the teacher's back.

the two vampires looked up to see erica quietly pressing her lips against the glass of a door. benny blew an air kiss at her while checking to see if the teacher was looking.

erica sent another kiss and benny shifted in his seat, "excuse me, miss fine? could i go to the bathroom?"

"no," she sternly answered, going back to writing on the board.

"okay."

erica looked at benny for an answer, benny answering a no and she frowned. she went to turn before teasing benny with a bite and then officially leaving.

alexis's heart dropped again, making her look at benny like the other girls, but in sadness. she felt defeated. she could simply make herself fall in love, but she didn't want their love to be fake. it would hurt worse.