jesse's girl

"of course! the one time we get free pizza is when your mom is treating us," benny huffed in frustration, sitting on the back of ethan's couch.

alexis rolled her eyes and sat back into the side of the couch, hiding her phone screen from benny's view. "just be glad it's still free," she murmured, her attention falling from benny at all.

"the guy still has.." ethan said, looking at his watch quickly, "two minutes and forty-nine seconds."

"pfft! zero chance in that rust bucket. which reminds me, limo or jet pack?"

"what?"

"our ride to the "fly off to the moon" dance. you already know my pick, but do you think the chicks will dig a stretch?" benny asked genuinely, grinning at ethan.

"what chicks?" ethan asked in confusion.

"jet pack it is!"

"i'm not asking him, stop! he doesn't like me. that's fine! besides, i hate dances," alexis messaged sarah back, a loud sigh coming through her lips.

"if you don't ask him tomorrow, i will," she answered back.

"god, no! fine, fine i will. jesus, you owe me."

"no way! i will buy you a smoothie though. now, text ya later. i need to focus on school rn."

"good luck." she hit send once more before setting her phone aside. "now, what were we discussing?"

"ethan said he isn't going to the dance!" benny exclaimed, throwing his hands up.

"why? isn't it something you were both excited for?" alexis asked, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"okay listen, i don't know. ever since we dug up the cubile animus, and then sarah got possessed and trashed the house, i've kinda felt like laying low."

"you can lay low when you're dead. these are the best years of our life!" benny said.

"really?" both alexis and ethan asked in unison, sharing a confused look before looking back towards benny.

"i really hope not," benny muttered, almost fear in his voice.

"coming up! add another name to the whitechapel's list of missing persons. who is it? stand by!" the news reporter informed, all three teenagers looked at the tv in curiosity.

"missing person? how about my missing pizza? i'm calling it in," benny cried, standing at the window.

‐-

"that pizza place owes us big time!" benny yelled out.

"give it up, benny," ethan and alexis groaned, rolling their eyes.

"we were stood up, guys! now i have a gaping, pizza-sized hole right here," benny whined, pointing at his stomach then shoving a side brownie in his mouth childishly.

"you guys hooked up for the "fly off to the moon" dance yet? know any honeys with a hot sister or smoking second cousin?" rory asked, creeping up to the teens.

"psh! this guy's going stag. gotta keep my options open, you know?" benny said cheerfully, grinning widely.

"right," alexis whispered as she looked away, running her hand through her hair slowly.

"loser," rory said, lifting an l with his fingers to his head before walking off.

"you should ask sarah," benny smiled, pointing at ethan.