blood drive

"alexis, come on, you ARE sick! you haven't showed up for a few days. some things went down, i tell you! we needed you!" benny went on before sitting next to the girl on her wooden porch swing.

the two swayed back and forth slowly, benny smiled dorkishly at her randomly. "do i need to hit you again, dork?"

"i don't know, do you, miss alexis? i think you're too sick," benny responded, a grin on his face and in his voice. he made another clicking sound with his teeth and winked at the girl, resting his arm around the back of the swing.

alexis swiftly stood up and placed her hands on her hips. "so just because i'm sick, i'm weak, mister weir?" she smirked before sneezing after.

benny stood up and grabbed her hand softly, chuckling, "i did not say that, now let's get you inside, it's getting cold out here."

he led her up to her room and laid her in bed, covering her up with the blanket. they shared smiles with each other, benny telling her goodnight before he left her at peace.

--

the trio, benny, ethan and alexis travel to the front of the line, passing all of the other students actually in line while they stop to see the nurses taking students' blood.

alexis cringed at the needles, she hated them, not enough to pass out at the sight, but she'd always hate getting shots because of them.

"look at this," benny sighed, gesturing at the nurses and random guys, "it's like opening day for revenge of the sith all over again! you know, minus the stormtroopers."

benny and alexis looked back at ethan, who looked back at the line. "my mom says i should donate. she says my blood is special. i think it's exactly why i should keep it where it belongs: in my veins."

"dude, she has to say your blood is special. she's your mom!" benny wide-eyed exclaimed.

alexis lifted her eyebrow at benny. "my mom doesn't-"

"anyway! the reason you don't give blood is 'cause you're too scared of needles, you big chicken!" benny chuckled, nudging alexis.

"i'm not afraid! i just don't like them."

"right, the same way you don't like the commercial with the dancing crackers? it freaks you out!"

benny laughed to himself and did the 'chicken' dance, mocking ethan playfully.

"it does not! okay? i'm just uncomfortable with eating things that dance. plus i don't see you rushing to donate."

"uh, yeah. they can lift your entire genetic code from one drop! but what if someone cloned me? no way am i.." benny turned his head and slowly trailed off. alexis looked at where he was looking, a pretty nurse. she frowned at the sight but sighed and looked back at benny. "then again... i could stand to lose a pint or two, if you know what I'm saying, i mean.. come on!"

alexis shook her head and walked over to sarah, watching the poor girl aggressively shove her hands into a chip back and shove lots of chips into her mouth.

"uh, hey.. are you.. okay?" alexis asked carefully, knowing the answer already.

"no, the blood, it's just.. ugh."

"hey sarah," ethan said, walking over to the girls.

"what's up?" she said with a muffle, her mouth full of chips.

"not much.. you okay?"

"the blood is getting to her," alexis answered, looking at sarah as she pointed at her mouth to resemble sarah having chips all over her mouth.