the brewed

7:45 pm.

benny, ethan and alexis hid under a table, surrounded by groaning teachers who seemed to be zombies. they were surprised they weren't caught, after all, zombies weren't that stupid. right?

"oh, man! why couldn't we be at home?" benny asked, his eyes flying all over the place nervously, "watching oh so you think you can fly? eating a triple-meat lover's pizza. with extra meat."

"yeah! instead, our teachers could bash in here any second and scoop out our brains like chip dip," ethan replied, his voice shaky and scared.

alexis would admit she was scared, maybe not as much as them but she was terrified more for her friends.

"will you two–" alexis began before getting cut off by very loud banging on the door.

"think we can outrun them?" benny questioned with a serious look, looking for an answer in our eyes.

alexis gave both ethan and benny looks of confusion, "i don't have to outrun them, i just have to outrun you two!"

"you know? i think they'd go for your brain first there, alexis, "honor roll"!" benny said, betrayed by her words.

there were more banging at the doors and sudden crashing through the windows, the zombies were flooding in.

"where is sarah? we could really use her help right now," ethan groaned in panic.

"i don't think she was in a very helping mood today," benny said nervously, pulling back his frown.

9 1/2 HOURS EARLIER:
9:15 am.

"i'm not breaking any arms or smashing anyone through a wall just because he called you.. what was it?" sarah asked, giving an annoying look towards the boys.

"teethan," ethan answered.

"benny rabbit. it's not what he says, it's how he says it," benny added.

alexis facepalmed mentally, letting out a snicker along with sarah as their teacher came out and cleared his throat, "lets go, boys."

"right with you, sir. if not there in five minutes, start boring kids without us!" benny said with a grin before spinning around and dropping it.

"we'll be right there, sir," ethan chuckled, anxiously turning around as well.

"forget it! look, we both have a trip to the art gallery. lucky us! later "teethan." sarah smirked, grabbing alexis's hand.

"benny rabbit," alexis also joked, making benny's mouth open a little. she followed sarah even though their hands were already intertwined.

"sounds cute when they say it," ethan muttered to benny.

9 1/2 HOURS LATER:
7:48 pm.

"oh! we're so dead!" benny whined, "this is not fair! why couldn't we get some kinda sign that this was going to happen?"

"just a hint would've been nice," ethan murmured.

7:53 pm.

ethan stood up and grabbed the fire extinguisher, hitting the zombies' hands with them which made them flail, but not run. he suddenly lifted the tube and began spraying them, which made them panic and they fled.

"they hate this stuff. if it lasts long enough, we should be able to hold them off until sarah gets back."

"sarah is coming back, right?" benny anxiously asked, giving the other two a scared look.