•COMFORT•

Four

HOURS have passed, it's time for hyerin to get ready for her special day, but for her, everything was nowhere going on her way, it was all ruined. she's very disappointed to herself- she's not fond of being weak, not when its her birthday.

she's all laid on bed with a heavy feeling that lingers in her chest, she didn't bulge a bit even when her alarm went off, indicating she needed to prepare. she simply stared at the empty space on her room, pretty much disoriented. the emotions was too intense for her to hide, too intense for her to ignore, it brought her too much pain to hide that she felt nothing. nothing was the word to describe her right now. 

her mind was blank, her wrists are red; full of cuts, her eyes are wet; full of tears, her hands was trembling; lying with pool of tears surrounding. she didn't have the energy to stand up and go, she wasn't ready to face wonwoo or for who was in the heart of his. she just wasn't ready to accept the fact that she's going to suffer in this unrequited love. but the thing is, she couldn't blame him for being so making her be this way, he didnt wish for her to fall for him, hell, he doesnt even know and thats what made her sad even more.

" hyerin, what happened to you? " baekhyun asked- her father.  voice appeared to be worried, without any hesitation , he hugged her. Without any words, hyerin poured out her eyes out on the shoulders of her father. 

her father was curious for why hyerin cried, he tried to think possible things that made her upset, but there's none. he was about to give up when he saw her wrist.

' It's black ' was all he could mumble. baekhyun knew what this means and he knew how hard it is to have that. 

_______ _______

" do I have to go? " hyerin asked her mom for the umpteenth time.
taeyeon chuckled, she found her daughter cute even though she showed opposite- being all a bad girl and that clearly showed that she was clueless of what her daughter was dealing off right now.

" of course. why, is there any problem? " taeyeon asked worriedly. hyerin kept quite, she doesn't want her mother to be worried so she decided to bottle up the things she want to say- her habit.

 " nothing mom, I'm just tired and all. " she said in a assuring tone, hoping that it would ease her mother.

 " tired? but wonwoo would be there. " her mother stated. Unbeknownst to her dear mother who cluelessly.

'mom thats the point. '

hyerin didnt say anything and clutched her long gown to keep her from throwing up, she has been bottling up emotions for quite sometime now, and by the way her hands were trembling, things were hard for her.

the party was a bliss, it was fun.

 hyerin did smile and laugh, causing her to be the center of attraction- she knew she's pretty, every guy has told her so, but it wasnt enough since she couldnt charm him.

she would sometimes forget the pain when she's with others and feel it again when she's alone. she had meet wonwoo, who kept on stuffing her gifts that she accepted halfhearted. she doesn't want to attach herself again after what happened, she was planning to move on. Every once in a while, she would realize herself running to the comfort room, squat on the bathroom floor and face the toilet and threw up, letting the petals out of her system. She was cautious to keep everyone knew that she has the disease. she doesn't want to embarrass her family, the thought of a iconic family having a daughter who has the disease bugged her.

The party was nearing its end, there are only a few people left, including the jeon brothers. the song went from pop to slow songs. hyerin was seated at the furthest table, where she can see all the people. the bittersweet feeling of watching lovely couples dance to a slow songs made her to the feeling of throwing up again, the cold nostalgia brought this unto the furthest of her bones, deep. but this time, before she could stand up and run to the comfort room, a hand was now in front of her. she was skeptical to see it was wonwoo who offered her to dance, since she didn't have any choice left,  she accepted his offer and with his guide, they've reached the center of the dance floor. Her heart was hammering through her rib cage, the act of him putting his hands on her waist made her body feel alive yet dead at the same time. The tingling sensation was felt on where his hands were, but her inside weren't, the feeling of throwing up showed up again. But she held it in for her to know what hes going to say.

" I'm very happy that it's your birthday, after a long wait, finally I can tell you mine." hyerin knew what it meant. It is about the name on his wrist, this thought made her gag, but she refused it anyway.

" I knew her as a close friend and ever since then, she made me feel things....  Some things that I didn't felt when you're with me..." her stomach was now churning, and it was now rising in her throat. without any hesitations, she removed his grip and ran off in the comfort room, where she emptied the strong emotions she had been hiding.

 The petals burst out the second she locked the door of the cubicle, where some of it fell off from the toilet to the floor. She was in a distress, her sobbing was soft, but the reasons of it was strong. The petals was now all over where she looked, it made her feel disgusted. she quickly cleaned up the mess she made and cleaned her face before she went out. 

hyerin saw wonwoo talking in a group of friends, so she took this opportunity to escape and go home and have the all the time to her self to brood. she was relieved to manage herself to the large doors, when she was about to open a hand grasped her wrist.

" where do you think you're going? " a breath of relief was all she could do when her eyes met jungkook's.

"out, fresh air. "

" I'll accompany you. " she wasn't in the mood to argue, so she took the request. soon after, they have been strolling in the garden. the wind made her shiver, but ignored it. she needed something to wake her up. jungkook noticed this and quickly removed his tuxedo and put it on her bare shoulders. The small a making act of kindness made her feel flustered, resulting the familiar feeling of throwing up, showed up.

 " how long will you keep your secret?" he asked in a monotone. hyerin gasped, she didn't know what to say. she was now close to breaking down, when she told herself to hold it in, she couldnt afford to lose her stone and bad girl image just by crying, her pride doesnt want her to. jungkook seemed to notice this and felt guilty and worried, but he was was more worried to see hyerin's lips quaver and notice a tear escaped front her eyes. he brought her in his arms, he hugged her. hyerin burst out crying, it was all she needed, a shoulder to cry on. that made him realize something- even if she wasnt the girl who he looked as fragile as before,  now with such a confident aura following her and now a lady, she was still the girl whose sobs was as loud as a whale dying. he wanted to laugh yet the way her hand hugged him, stopped him.

they spent their time in the garden, hugging each other- such intimacy was forgotten when they felt nothing but complete dulcet.