•CHOICES•

Six

DAYS passed after that day, wonwoo couldn't keep the excitement, he had to tell them. he invited his close relatives and friends, he wanted people to witness how he announced who his soulmate is.

when this invitation arrived to hyerin, she was again lost for words- The petals coming out off her mouth stopping her to do so. All she did was cry, throw up, stare at the blank spaces in her room, she couldn't think straight. she was blaming the gods as to why her life is like this- she wails nothing but painful sobs.

baekhyun heard this and quickly rushed to his daughter's room only to found out that her door is locked as much as her world. he could hear the faint sobbing inside the room, he could also hear the sound of the toilet being flushed, indicating that she might have had vomited.

he got his courage up and knocked, he could sense that hyerin was hesitating to answer.

" hyerin, it's me ,your father, please let me in. " he said in desperate manner.

Once she had opened the door, her father engulfed her with a comforting hug which made her taken a back, but nonetheless, without any words, she cried.

Her father was there to witness the pain her daughter was feeling right now, it pained him also.

The lad was now in deep thoughts, he wondered what is the reason why wonwoo didn't loved hyerin back as much his daughter did. What are the things the latter lacked of? e was very sure that she is intellectually inclined, beautiful, funny and much more that many men had asked him to convince her to have a date with them.

by the time hyerin managed to stop crying, she looked into her father's eyes. She was searching for some answers for what caused him to rush to see her.

" my daughter is in pain, of course I have to help her." baekhyun said in such a comforting tone.

" dad.."

" hmm? " he asked.

" If you were in my place, what would you do?" She asked, the question that flowed out of her mouth made the lad question himself, he was caught off guard.

'what would I do?'  He repeated the question in his head.

hyerin who was patiently waiting for her father who is now in deep thoughts.

" If I were you, of course I would break down and cry, but at some point I have to move on. I know you were having a hard decision whether to continue your life, but let me tell you, there are a lot of things to do not just to love someone, but you have to love the things around you.discover the passion that was hiding inside you." he said carefully.

"But you cannot live without loving someone, but what if the only passion I have is to love him?" She asked, head perked up.

"I didn't say not to love someone, I only mean that there are lots of things to discover, to love. Having this kind of problem was unexpected, I never knew we would face such problem. But if your having such a  hard time, there is a choice to make, you only have to decide what to choose." He stated, earning a questioning look from his daughter.

"what are the choices?" she asked desperately.

" you can choose to have a surgery......" she didn't understand what her father said, the word 'surgery' made her to feel sad.

" or you can wait and-.." Baekhyun stopped, he could've made his daughter to hope from that clear lie.

" or what father?" She asked through her curious mind.

" nothing dear, just tell me if you had decided, I will definitely support you no matter what." the man stated said. he didnt want to get his daughters hope high up

hyerin could've had sworn to herself that she didn't understand her father stated, it was such a blur. but she didn't want her father to stay any longer, she wanted her time alone.

"ok dad." she smiled, she tried to put the smile the confident her would give. baekhyun smiled before turning away.

'What should I do?'