Roomate

Concentrate.... C'mon Elsa concentrate..... Ugh why isn't this working??!!

My magic refuses to work against my newly-bound-back restraints. I've been working at them for an hour an all I have are little swirls of ice that'll slowly melt in a few seconds.

I sigh. I'm hungry.

Why didn't i eat those stale buttered scones the gaurds brought me for breakfast? I think to myself.

I look around for any semi-edible thing in the room.

Nothing. Have to wait until lunch.

I sigh and look for something to get my mind off of hunger. Wall, wall,wall. Ceiling,floor,wall..... Nope nothing.

My stomach growls furiously. I wrap my arms around my stomach and turn towards my corner to try and get some sleep.

I can't stop thinking about Kristoff. How disappointed he was when I'd said no to going with him. I close my eyes and sigh.

Suddenly there's yelling outside my door.

"Please 'Monsieur please!! I can't live down here! S'il vous plaît laissez-moi aller! Let me go!! "

It's a woman. She has a heavy French accent.

"Be quiet....Would you rather be killed? Because that's whats gonna happen if you don't stop yelling. I'm did you a favor by persuading the king to sentence you to the dungeon." A gruff voice replies.

"S'il vous! No! It-it's fine. I can ....uh...make do!"

"Fine..... Well get in there lady!"

Well this isn't the most polite guard..

There's faint sobbing. Most likely from the lady. "Oh come ON! Don't feel sorry for yourself! Feel sorry for that man at the bread cart who YOU STOLE from! You hear that you're a thief, scum, you are nothing! Now shut up!!"

How rude can this guy get?! I think. I suddenly feel a surge of energy. What comes next happens almost too fast for me to comprehend:

The butt nugget of a guard shoves a small woman in the dungeon.
As the door closes my restraints somehow crack open and my hands fly up as if they have a mind of their own.
Suddenly, ice crystal shards spew out of my hand and shoot through the closing door.

"AHH! What the heck was that!!"

I smile smugly as I realize what I just did. The guard comes in and puts the heavy, rusted chains back on me. He slaps me across the face. "Don't try me blondie."

I smile again. "ITS PLATINUM!!" I call as he walks out the door.

I sigh at my actions. I can be so un-lady-like sometimes. Then again I really don't have to be... I'm not royalty anymore..

I look over at the woman. My smile fades. She's huddled in the corner holding a blanket tight to her. There's a look of fear and uncertainty in her eyes.

"Hello there." I say gently trying to give her a small grin. "

She isn't chained to the wall like I am. But her feet are on chains that only allow her to walk around a little.

Lucky... I thought. At least she gets to walk.

"Hello? Ma'm? Uh.. I mean madam? Are you okay? Are you...alright?"

"No... tout cela est de ma faute.. It's my fault we are in here. I should've been more... How do you say...Full of care?
I just wanted some food! I was just so hungry...an-and I needed to feed my daughter and....and... Oh..."

"Daughter?" I ask. I look at the blanket and suddenly realize what she's done. She has her child with her and nobody knows! Does she realize how dangerous this is for the both of them?

She starts sobbing again and holds her baby even closer. I want to give her a hug but I can't. I want to find some way to comfort her but I can't figure out anything.

I study the woman. She's more like a young adult than a woman. She looks like she's in her early 20's if even that.
Her short black hair falls across the side of her face. She has golden skin with a few bruises on each arm.

"Ma'm...." I try to recall the little French that Mother taught me when I was five. "What is your name? Uhh... t'appelles-tu ?"

She slowly raises her head. "My name.. Cecilia." She looks at me with trusting eyes and slowly unwraps her child. "Not yet... Name."

She gently holds out the baby for me to see. As I look at the infant girl, I nearly faint.

She has strawberry blonde hair and deep green, blue eyes. She has tiny freckles on her cheeks.

She smiles in her sleep. She has the cutest little dimples. She looks exactly like.....

"Anna?"

********************************

Well that's done. On to chapter 4!
Probably be out in a week. This is the story I'm mainly focusing on cuz it's the most popular one I've written.

(Btw thx so much for that y'all!!

As yes I say y'all.... I'm from Texas)

So keep on reading and voting and supporting. Luv ya Muffins!

-Leahkpreston