Cecilia's Lament

At dawn I'm still cradling the happy child I'm my arms. The girl is not as skinny as she was when she first got here.

Good! Her and Cecilia must be getting some nourishment!

I look towards Cecilia.

Sleeping, she looks more relaxed than I've ever seen her. When awake, she's just overcome by stress; she's like a bomb that can blow at any moment.

The little one stirs in my arms.

"Hello there." I whisper to her.

"Your mama is sleeping right now. She's been really busy trying to keep you safe." I smile.

Cecilia is a good mother.

Her daughter puts a knuckle in her mouth and rolls over to nap some more.

All is peaceful for six more hours.

----------------------------------------------

HANS POV

I sigh happily as I sit on my throne.

It sounds nice. My throne. Not Elsa's, not, any of my brothers', but mine.

My days have been busy with making my changes to the kingdom.

A few slave laws here, a public execution there; some say I am a cruel king but I'm just the opposite. I'm giving them the discipline they need.

Elsa and her family were always too easy on the villagers. All they did if somebody stole was make them pay a fine. If you murder someone, (which rarely even happened here in their "perfect little palace") the culprit only got forty years in the dungeon and then was shipped to a reformatory base/mental hospital to be examined.

Oh what pitiful rulers they were.

Pitiful indeed.

"Your Majesty!" My head guard says rushing up to me.

I roll my eyes. "What? Can't you see I'm busy with my kingly duties?"

He sighs. "Yes your highness but I believe this is urgent!"

"Is the orphanage on fire again? If so just let it burn. We don't want to give the orphanage owner a big water bill right after all of the orphans die. It would be too stressful. What kind of a king would I be if I put my villagers under stress?"

"No my king! It's that woman we locked up a few days ago."

"Elsa? What about her?"

"No! Not the blondie the-"

"You know, I really think her hair is more of a platinum col-"

"YOUR MAJESTY!

...... I'm sorry to raise my voice at you sire but no! It's the other lady! The short, dark-haired, French lady! What's her name? Cecilia Bauden! Apparently she's done more than steal bread! I heard from a villager that a young woman matching her description, is also a spy for another country!"

"What country?"

" I don't know sire... I'm pretty sure America! Apparently they want to know the secret behind our country's internationally famous music. "

"I thought that accent sounded a bit off! They can't know that! Our beautiful music and singers are all we have for income! It's like our music is their....

iPhones and Medicare taxes!" I scream in shock.

"This is treason! What should be her punishment sire?"