Wait, What?

Elsa's POV

I sit nervously, trying to control my breathing (as well as my baby) as best as I can while in the small room. When I ran to the nearest door, I hadn't realized that the room was only a bit bigger that a coat closet. Baby Anna was not happy because of the sudden change in location and being deprived of her new favorite food.

Suddenly the door knob frantically jiggles. I instinctively clutch Anna to my chest and hold my breath. I close my eyes as the door opens.

I breathe a heavy sigh of relief when I look up at Kristoff who has a small smile on his face.

"Sorry to scare you there Elsa." He says as he holds out a hand which I take. After I'm standing he leans down and grabs the baby.

"Hey there cutie!" He coos. He is so weird but totally adorable with the kid.

Did I just say that?

....ANYWAYS!

Kristoff hands Anna to me and leads me to the kitchen.

"So what was that all about?" I ask with curiosity brewing in my mind.

He sits down and takes a deep breath before he starts talking.

"Well, two of the palace guards came and started questioning me about wether or not I knew something about your escape, if you had any allies and a bunch of other Reindeer Crap." I chuckle at his "Iceman Swearing" as he calls it.

"And then..." He pauses, puzzled as if he doesn't know how to word his next sentence. "And then they...told me something. It's impossible but...Elsa,
Anna is alive! Your sister is alive!"

My jaw drops. "Wait, what?" I'm filled with joy and confusion at the same time.

And then it hits me. They were Palace guards. As in sent by Hans! Then I laugh. Kristoff stares at me with utter confusion.

"Why are you laughing?" He says with a slight smile and one eyebrow raised. He thinks I'm joking.

I scoff. "Really? You can't honestly believe that my sister, the girl that we BOTH watched die. And you believe the people who were sent by the person who only benefits from my harm? I mean honestly Kristoff are you that naive?"

His eyes flash a pained look, but quickly brighten again with hope.
"But what if they are telling the truth? He could just be sorry! This could be how he makes up for all of the bad things he did! By letting Anna go and be with you! He wouldn't of told me that otherwise!"

I roll my eyes. "Well you obviously spent way too much time with Anna. I see her optimism is still contagious even in spirit." I smile a bit.

Kristoff just looks at me with that stupid hopeful smile with a you-really-don't-see-it look.

"Elsa maybe he just feels bad as wants to give you happiness."

I look at him blankly.
"Kristoff, my happiness looks like his head on a plate. Now stop this nonsense, honestly."

"Why don't you even want to give yourself a thin glimmer of hope? Why are you always so negative and...well... Why don't you ever have faith in anyone?! Don't you want the person you love most back in your life?"

I give him a look of pure agitation.
"Kristoff of course I want that! Don't you see I want to believe that more than anything? I have a responsibility now! Cecilia's daughter. She is the most important person in my life now. SHE is the one I love most now that Anna is gone! All my life I've run away from my responsibilities because of fear that I wasn't good enough and that I wasn't fit to do anything. I'm changing that now. I will NOT jeopardize the one responsibility I have now based on some silly rumor told by a person that Hates me with a passion. And if you can't except that then we have a problem. "

He gives me his death glare once again. The same one he gave me that day in the dungeon.

"Well then fine. I guess we have a problem."

With that I run to the guest bedroom, grab a suitcase, throw in a tailored patchwork dress and shoes, pick my baby off the floor, and walk out the door.

*************************************

So how about that drama guys?!

I know. Y'all hate me. Haha.

Don't worry though, I promise that this situation is going somewhere. Y'all will find out what the basic plot is from BOTH SIDES in the next 2-3 chapters.

So....thank you guys for staying loyal and reading! Please keep voting and recommending me! I can't even begin to say how grateful I am for every single one of you!

OH! And shout out to @princess_anna_2002
For giving me a shoutout and recommending my book!

(And for being a ONCER!!)

So... Yeah...life.

LOVE YOU MY MUFFINS!!!!

-leahkpreston