Away

I awaken with a throbbing head and a heavy heart. I'm back in the dungeon cellar with an apparent concussion. Something in the back if my mind clicks.

"What-what did I need to do again?" I ask myself, still delirious from the blow to my head.

As I try to regain my memory of the events that'd happened just 3 hours earlier, there's a knock on my door.

"Wh-why are you knocking? It's a dungeon cellar it's not like I can unlock the door." I say sharply. I quickly bite my tongue and pray that I didn't just snap at a guard.

It's not a guard. It's worse.

"Why hello princess." A voice hisses.

My eyes widen.

Arendale's new "head of royalty" is towering above me.

"Hans? What are y-"

"That's King to you!" He snaps.

"Anyways, I'd just like to let you know this: that little stunt you pulled today? It will NOT go unpunished."

"Wha-what are you talking about?" I ask, confused.

"Oh yeah...the concussion." He sighs. "You helped your little "friend", Cecilia escape." He says with an annoyed smile.

Cecilia? I think. Then I remember.

"ANNA!"

"No her name was Cecilia, Elsa. Anna is, well WAS thanks to you, your sister. Man your even more annoying with the concussion.... Well anyways, I just wanted you to know that YOU are scheduled for execution Tommorow at 10:00am. Good day, Elsa. It'll be your last."

I wait until he closes the door and I frantically try to freeze my chains off.

It doesn't work.

What? I was able to do this earlier... What's wrong with me?

Cecilia's baby is a few bricks to the left of me. I can't reach her with these chains on.

I have to get to her. She's all I have left of Cecilia. She's precious to me... I.....

I love her.

All of a sudden ice spews out and covers the room. My chains crackle and go limp. I smile.

I guess I just needed to give it a little time.

I grab Little Anna. She's shivering and fussy ? From the sudden change in temperature. She starts to cry.

"Shh...Anna shhh. It's okay."

I try to think of a way to comfort her.

I remember the lullaby mother used to sing to me.

"Let it go, let it go,

........please don't cry anymore.

Let it go, let it go.

I'll keep you safe and warm.

Here we stand in the light of day.

Let the storm rage on,

I've always loved you anyway."

She starts to calm down a little.

"It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small,"

I gently tap her nose as I sing that verse and She giggles. I smile back.

"And the fears that once controlled you won't bother you at all.

It's time to see what we can do to see the light of day break through,

There's No more hurt, no pain or greed,

We're free.

Let it go, let it go,

Please don't cry anymore.

Let it go, let it go.

I'll keep you safe and warm.

Here we stand, fear out of our way,

Let the storm rage on,

I've always loved you anyway."

Anna looks up at me happily. I wrap her up in the blanket again and place her in my lap.

I'm about to fall asleep when the door is broken down and I'm yanked to my feet.

I look up startled and dazed from being pulled up so quickly with such strength. A man is dressed in armor. I can't see his face through the helmet.

"What the- who are you?!" I demand.

The voice is muffled. "I'm getting you out of here." He mutters. "Now come on!"

"Hold on! Just let me... Get my blanket..... It was my...mother's." I lie.

I grab baby Anna and the stranger pulls me through the door. As we weave through the halls I see all the dungeon guards, limp on the floor.

"DID YOU-"

The stranger slaps a hand over my mouth. " Don't yell. They're fine. I just knocked them out for a bit." He hisses, obviously annoyed.

We pass through the gates in the darkness. I hadn't realized how late it was.

" Where are we going?" I ask, quite frightened of being taken away by a male stranger into the night.

"Away." Was his response.

We get to the woods an finally I'm safe.

I'm free.

Then I remember. I don't know who this is.

I build up enough power to make a soft pile of snow and I gently set down Anna, still wrapped in the blanket.

I nervously start talking.

"Ummm. Hey." I say awkwardly.

"Uh....hi?" He responds. He's probably giving me a weird look the through the helmet.

"Okay. Two things. One: Thank you.

And two-

I pounce on him and pin him to the ground.

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU!!" I scream as I yank the helmet off.

My breath catches in my throat as I stare at the blonde hair and look into the deep blue eyes that are staring right back at me.

"K-Kristoff?!"

***********************************

CLIFFHANGER!!!!! I'm really getting into writing this! I'm so excited for y'all to see what I have in store for this book.

Let me know what you'd like to see happen next! Keep reading and voting my loyal readers!

Love ya Muffins!!

-Leahkpreston