The Execution

A/N: This particular chapter is written in a different format as it's the easiest way to describe everything that's happening. The book will go back to its original format in the next chapter.

---------------------------------------------------

Execution day. The one day each year when all prisoners in the dungeon either watch or are the subjects of the killings. These were not practiced when Queen Elsa was ruler.

Now she is forced to watch, along with others, of whom most of them were falsely accused, the most brutal and humiliating way to die.

A voice comes on a speaker.

"There are to be four executions. Two men are to be burned at stake for attempting assassination of the King, one man is to be hung for murder, and one woman's execution is to be announced for the unforgivable crime of treason."

"The last one" Elsa thinks. "Oh my god that's Cecilia!"

Elsa and the other "felons" are each standing around the execution stage. Behind them are a few citizens of Arendale.

"Probably either family or people who hated them." Elsa concluded. "I'm not surprised that nobody else came. This is awful! Mama and Father would've never allowed it."

Prince Hans steps onto the stage and grabs a microphone.

"Citizens, Felons.

Elsa."

He announces proudly. "We are gathered today to witness the death of these....cowards. These idiots. These.... Selfish fools. Now don't feel the least bit sorry for these "people" when we perform this. They deserve what's coming to them."

Anger boils inside Elsa. The feeling of seething fury is quickly replaced by worry. She'd found a crack in the wall just big enough to fit young Anna. If anyone found her, it was game over. And Cecilia's legacy would never live on.

"Should we begin?" Asks Hans. When no response is given he frowns and starts anyways.

The guards bring out two men.

"These must be the guys that tried to kill Hans.... They should be given a medal, not executed." Elsa whispers to one of the other demons in the crowd.
She nods in agreement.

Elsa looks away as the men are tied down and the stake is lit. Tears of anger and remorse well up in her eyes as screams of pain and the pungent odor of charred skin fills the air.

The hanging is worse. The snow queen turns her back to the stage.

Finally the hanging is over and the guards grab the cold, dangling body from the rope. One looks like he's about to throw up from the crime scene he's having to clean up.

"And last but not least, the execution you've all been waiting for, Cecilia Bauden! " Yells Hans.

Elsa watches hopelessly as her only friend limps on stage to her death. Their eyes meet and Cecilia gives her a small, hopeful smile as if asking her a question.

Elsa knows she's asking about her child. She nods and smiles back tearfully.

Elsa watches as her best friend breathes a sigh of relief as she can finally face the fact of certain death with peace. It's a moment that'll haunt her forever.

"Now for this particular execution we have a special guest. Please welcome, Kristoff!!" Cries Hans as he looks directly at Elsa with a smirk.

"No!" Elsa thinks. "Kristoff wouldn't...."

Her thought is cut of as she watches the only person she thought she could trust walks on stage with a bow and arrow.

"Kristoff.... How could he...."

"For this execution I've made a deal with this... Very blonde man, that if he conducts an execution he gets to keep his....most valuable owning."

Elsa then realizes.

"Sven. He's doing it for Sven."

Elsa watches as Kristoff, with a blank look on his face, pulls the arrow out of its shaft an gets ready to aim and shoot.

Cecilia is tied to a stake and blindfolded.

"This can't be happening...this SHOUlDN'T be happening!" Elsa thinks frantically.

He draws back the bow with a miserable shame-filled look on his face.

"This is all my fault. If I would've only been more careful. If I wouldn't of run away.

Kristoff takes a deep breath....

"It's. All. My. Fault."

.....and let's it fly.

"NO!!" Elsa screams as ice shards fly everywhere.

The arrow freezes only a centimeter away from Cecilia's face. It drops to the ground with a thump.

The crowd looks around stunned. All eyes are in Elsa, and then, mass chaos.

"SIEZE HER!" Hans yells. Elsa shrugs her chains off her shoulders and shoves her hands in Hans direction. He and the guards are frozen to the ground.

"HEY! HEY!!!"

Cecilia's ropes are frozen off of her and they fall to the ground. She takes her blindfold off with an extremely confused look.

"Run Cecilia! And never look back."

Elsa watches as her friend grins thankfully and runs for her life into the woods nearby. Elsa realizes it's the last time she'll be heard from again.

More guards run out of the castle. Elsa sighs before something hard hits the back of her head, and the world goes dark.

**********************************************

YAY!!! This took FOREVER to write. Thank you guys for waiting patiently and for all of the reads and votes. I ALMOST HAVE 600 READS!!! What?!?!

So anyways the story is about to take off and get REALLY GOOD!! So stick around and thank you for being so loyal my dear readers!

Love you Muffins!

-Leahkpreston

(Ps. Sorry if this chapter was confusing Elsa will be Narrating again in the next one.)