Trust

I gently hold Anna in my arms as we sit in front of fire. We were at Kristoff's cabin. He was in the kitchen making us hot cocoa. He still didn't know about the baby. I'd have to tell him soon.

I look around the room. The wooden walls are covered with picture frames.

Most of them are filled with nature-themed pictures. Only a few had people in them.

I stand up and admire one of a small toddler with scruffy, blonde hair. He's holding a pickaxe and sitting on a small, child-size sled, with a big grin on his face. His two front teeth are missing.

I chuckle at the one next to it of the same little, blonde boy hugging a baby reindeer with a red bow tied on its antlers.

"Sven." I whisper.

"Hey Elsa!" Kristoff calls from the kitchen. "Do you want any cinnamon on your hot cocoa?"

"Thank you but I'll pass." I reply.

"Okay but you're missing out. It's an old family recipe."

I wrap the young infant in my arms back into her blanket, and walk into the kitchen.

Kristoff hands me the warm, chocolate drink and we sit at his small dining table.

I watch as he takes a sip of his drink.

I stir the whipped cream topping into my cocoa. I stare into the light brown liquid that sits in mug and take a sip myself.

It's good, but could use a little more flavor.

"Hey." He says randomly.

"Yeah?"

"How come you carry that blanket all wadded up like that?"

"Yeah, about tha-"

"Like, I know it was your mom's and all but you don't have to lug it around. You can just toss it anywhere if you like. I really don't care."

I glance at the dirty dishes piled up in the the sink and all of the wet, molding rags sitting on the floor.

"Obviously...." I mutter so he can't hear.

"It's just... Important to me." I say.

"Well why?" He asks.

Men can be so annoying.

"I've been meaning to tell you this all night.. It's not just a blanket. It's.... It's a...."

Anna suddenly wakes up and starts crying.

Guess this is what I get for forgetting to feed her lunch.....

His eyes widen.

"Elsa...." He speaks cautiously.

"Now Kristoff this isn't what it looks like. I didn't kidnapped this-"

"YOU'VE BEEN PREGNANT THIS WHOLE TIME?!!?!!?!"

"What?!?!! NO! She's not mine she's-"

"Who's the dad?! Elsa! When?! How?!"

"ITS NOT LIKE THAT!!"

"What do you mean it's not like that? I know how-"

"KRISTOFF!!!! Just.....listen PLEASE!"

He calms down a bit

"Okay...." He says softly. "I'm listening...."

"She's not my child."

"Then whose is-"

"SHE'S CECILIA'S!!"

His face softens with confusion and a hint of frustration from being yelled at. Then realization hits him.

"Oh...." He says quietly.

"Yeah. Oh." I says harshly.

We sit in awkward silence for a moment. Then he pipes up.

"Thank you.....for telling me that." He says softly. "And...I'm sorry. But hey! She got away at least." He says trying to cheer me up.

I give him a slight glare. Then feel sorry for it.

"It's just..... Now..... This baby...doesn't have a mother. I can't take care of her! I'm.... I'm... A crimminal! A murderer! I.... I killed my own sister! My only family left! If this one ever finds out she'll be terrified!" I start sobbing.

"Hey... Hey... It's okay Elsa. You just have to trust yourself. Right now you are all this child has! You give her up now, she's an orphan. Nobody should have to grow up like that!"

"Nobody should have to grow up like.."

He starts to add on but stops.

"Grow up like what?" I ask curious and kind if worried from the strange look in his eyes.

"N-nothing. Just....forget it." He says as he stands up to go to bed. "You can sleep on the couch or in the spare bedroom. Goodnight Elsa."

"Thanks......wait Kristoff?"

"Yeah?"

"You know this is still harboring fugitive, right?" Anna blubbers. "....and a baby."

"Yeah." He laughs

"Hmmm...." He thinks a minute. "Guess we'll just have to trust each other then. Promise you won't run away and get shoved in a dungeon again?" He says with a smile.

I give him a slight smile back. "Sure. As long as you don't rat me out."

"Deal?"

I nod.

"Deal."

*********************************************

Hmmmm....... This is gonna be interesting..... ;)

So the pictures? What do y'all think?

Oh well! More to come!

Thx my Muffins!

Read, vote, and share!

Love y'all Muffins!!!

-leahkpreston