chapter 13 broken city

Vanessa pov

I woke up in a tiled wall room looking around seeing that I was once again alone in this nightmare world and got up to find a way out, 'I'll find you' I heard a whispered voice say and quickly took out my guns and searched for the source of the voice but no one way in sight and I continued on. I turned a corner only to hear foot steps coming my way and I ducked down getting ready to pounce on who ever it is and once the foot steps got in range I came out from behind the wall to see Daniel "dan!" I was overjoyed to see him again and quickly bear hugged him and he immediately hug back "oh god, your ok, thank God" he said and then looked down at my dress "geez, what happen while i was gone?" He asked me "n-nothing, lets get going" i replied and then a loud bang of a door being kicked open which made me take out my guns and him to unshelth his sword and dan walked forward while i walk closly behind, we came to a door and dan opened it and he suddenly pointed his sword at somone "who are you?" He ordered and i look over his shoulder to see who he is talking to and saw sebastian at the end of another family members weapon "*sign* not again" i mumbled and got in front of dan "put your weapon down, hes not a threat" i told dan a looked at seb and nervously smiled in which he smiled back "sorry about that" i said " its fine, another one of your family members?" He asked and i nodded "yeah, this is my twin brother daniel" i remarked and turned to daniel which he eyed seb with suspicion "hes an ally, hes been helping me through this world" i said and he gave me a hesitent nod "were did you come from?" Seb asked and i looked at him "oh, after the monster i woke up in a tiled room then found dan and we came through this doo-" i stoped talking when i notice the door that we came through was gone "never mind, lets get going" i said and the both men nodded.

We jumped down and hole which ran under a building and had a chain linked top and when we were halfway the same giant monster walked over us and i turned to dan who which was going to ask about that thing "dont ask" i said and he nodded and we carried on. We got out of the vent and jumped into another one and again that monster apeared but smashed its arm through the fence trying to grab us but quickly gave up and walked away, we got out of the vent into a small room and when seb got close to one of the walls it caved in with the monster roaring loudly and we ran while the walls caved in and the monsters trying to get us, we ran into a car park with cars scattered everywhere "come on lets get moving" dan said as he walked forward with me and seb following but as we got halfway down the monster roared again and we quickly turned around to see the monster advancing on us "goddamnit!! RUN" seb yelled and we all bolted but the monster caught up and shouved all of us down a hole and i landed on a car and rolled of "take cover" dan whispered and i did as he asked and tooked cover behind a pillar and then the monster jumped down the hole we fell in, i looked at the monster and an tendril with a eye at the end came out of it and i shot at the eye and it screached in pain "aim for the eye" i told the two men and they nodded and seb proceeded to shoot at it as it charged at us and dan got on it and sliced the eye of the tendril and it crying in agony and grabbed dans leg and threw him at the wall were he hit his head and he was out cold and i ran to him and picked him up "seb help me carrie him" i said and seb pick up his legs and we carried him to a room and put him on a table "will he heal?" Seb asksed and i nodded "yeah, but he will be out for a while" i said and then a ripple went through the building and i turned to see dan desolving into smoke "NO, RUVIK STOP IT NOW!!!" i demanded but it was to late and he was gone 'come and find him' ruviks voicd echoed "you know that i will, motherfucker" i hissed and turned and took my gun out and turned around in time to see that thing grab seb and hit him against the wall a few times until the wall broke and threw him and i ran to help him up "thanks" he said and the monster came charging around the corner looking diffrent now with a mouth in the centre of it with the eye in the mouth and i shot at it when the mouth opened and again it wailed in agony "we have to hit the eye again" i said painting at the mouth bit and he nodded "i have some explosive bolts, we could use them, just keep it distracted ok" he said and i nodded.