chapter 14 try me

Vanessas pov

As the metal door slid upwards, a few of those zombies came out one armed with a shotgun and they came racing towards us and i shot at the one holding the shotgun first as its head blew up like a watermelon and we shot at the other one racing towards us and we took cover. Those things are coming like a prize vending machine as we had to use our bullets and the grenades that we found to kill them, i shot at one that was holding a bomb in which it blew up taking the rest of the zombies with it, with the rifle out of ammo, i was about to shoot with my pistols until the devastating click sound was heared signaling i was out of bullets "shit, I'm out of ammo" i said turning to seb as his last gun to made the click sound "dame it, me to" he added and took cover as the door opened to a last zombie with a assault rifle who randomly fired at us, i remebered i had my mothers sword and took it out "I'll have to be quick to stab him while not taking any bullets, would you be able to destracted him?" I asked and he nodded, seb got up and shouted "HEY, FUCKFACE" as he threw a rock at its head and the zombie hissed and turned to seb shooting but thankfully seb took cover as i took the chance to strike and came out from cover and quickly charged at the zombie and cut its arm that was holding the rifle off and them sliced its head clean off "nice work" seb praised and i smiled "heh, i think i might change to swords soon, maybe one with a gun connected to it" i said as i put the sword away and followed seb into the building.

Time skip

After finding some bullets and then tuning on a generator which made the sliding platform to come to our side in which it had enemys on it that we thankfully killed and proceeded to the platform "ladys first" seb said with a smirk and i rolled my eyes and chuckled and got on the platform with seb following me. The thing took forever as zombies after zombies came at us like a pack of wild dogs, but we made it to the other side and got of. We were walking around a work building until we heared a scream "kidman?" Seb said and we ran towards the screams. We made it to an opening in a wall and i looked up to see kidman threw herself out of the door and hold it shut as the zombies was bashing against the door trying to open it and also reaching out there hands through the open windows "we'd better get over there" seb said and we jumped down on a metal crate and a bus and then another bus fell into the water 'conveniently' making us a pathway across the water and then jumped onto a submerged car until alarms went off and i looked over to see an sliding door open with the water monster swimming through it, seb shot at the hanging bodys "get in the water quick before the door closes" seb said and we quickly jumped in and swam for it through the door just as it closes and we kept swimming until we made it to a metal stair case and climed up in time to hear the door closing, we turned around to see one of those water monsters swimming around from were we came from "great" i huffed and we made it to the top to see kidman still blocking the door "kidman, hold on" seb said and kidman turned to us with worried eyes "help! There's too many of them!" Kidman shouted. From avoiding three water monsters and almost getting sqashed from a metal platform, we managed to kill of the zombies that was terrorising kidman "kidman, its me" seb reassured kidman who opened the door with a sign of relief "if you two hadn't come along..." kidman said, until the happy reunion was interrupted by zombies hitting against the door "save it for later. There are probably more of them around" seb said and then the door burst open "look out" i said and we took cover as zombies with machine rifles and shot guns came in. After the zombies were delt with we walked down some stairs and was walking towards an opening in the wall "I'm so glad you're alright. Ever since the church i..." "you were at the church?" Me and kidman said at the sametime and we looked at each other "yeah. Joseph and i. He's in bad shape or at least he was when i last saw him" seb mentioned and kidman walked up to seb "what about the boy from the hospital?" Kidman ask "leslie, what about him?" I asked as i was suspicious about kidman and who she realy is "nothing, just curious" she told me "i found him in a cage. He then freaked out and ran though" seb said. We walk a few feet before climing up some stairs to a red door which we cautiously walked through with our guns pointing in and direction until i heard seb scream in pain and turned to him seeing him hunched over grabbing at his head "seb, whats happening" i asked as i began to walk over to him only to be stopped by kidman "wait" she said "no..not me" sebs voice turned to a demonic type of voice as he turned to the window across the room at which i followed and i looked in horror seeing seb beginning to change into those things "sebastian, what is...?" Kidman was about to ask but stop as seb turned around letting kidman see what was happening "stay back!" Seb warned us and i was pulled by kidman to the red door but she couldn't open it and we turned to see ruvik behind seb 'i warned you' he said in my head and i turned to kidman and knew she was seeing ruvik as well as she pointing the gun away from seb at were ruvik was standing and we shot at him our bullets missing seb, but before the bullets could hit he teleported away and seb charged towards us only to collapse into our arms.