Part One

Levy POV

We passed by new guards that arrived to fill in their shifts as we walked with our class. The sun was gaining, illuminating the top of the old half destroyed castle that sat in the east, not to far off from where we were.

I ignored my suddenly speeding heartbeat as we neared the tomb, the others right behind me. Long hours of studying and extra credit for this trip were about to pay off. Professor Gildart's had been clear that only the BEST of his students were going on this trip, and to be the best at something when it came to Gildart's spoke volumes. So, not to toot our own horns or anything but, it turns out that Erza, Lucy, Juvia, and I just happen to be the some of the best. (But I guess the extra credit did help some too)

We grinned at each other excitedly as the tour guide gave an elaborate description of what was inside the tombs. ‘Ugh, who cares just let us in already!’ I thought while shifting from foot to foot in anticipation.

This was a college archaeological trip, aside from getting to travel and getting to see amazing never before seen artwork of the past, an experience like this looked really good on a resume, it shows diversity. Plus, Lucy, Erza, and Juvia were all excited to go as well and there was no way I'd pass on an opportunity to travel with my best friends.

After what felt like centuries of endless talking- the guy really likes the sound of his own voice- he finally began to lead us in.

Eagerly, I step forward, only to be tugged back sharply by Erza. "Come." She commands while dragging me away. (As if I have a choice -.-)

"B-but the tomb!" I exclaim."We worked so hard to come on this trip to see the tombs and ancient artifacts! They only recently found this tomb a month ago! We're the first of the public to see it! "

"Lucy found a something better."

"Better?! It usually takes more than a year for these people to clear the tombs for the public!! Do you have any idea how many strings Gildart's had to pull for this trip to even happen?! How could there be anything better?!" I practically shrieked. \(º □ º |||)/

Erza's grip on me loosened and she stopped dragging me long enough for me to reclaim my arm. She turns and flashes me a wicked grin that screams trouble.

"How about an undiscovered, never before opened tomb."

Lucy POV

Pausing for a moment at the entrance of the tunnel, I took a deep breath, bent down, and crawled through the well hidden, practically invisible, entrance. "Glad I decided wear jeans today."  I muttered as I dusted myself off. There was a dim light that illuminated the tomb from above, giving the place an almost angelic glow to it.

"Whoa..." Juvia said wide-eyed crawling in after me.

Yeah, 'Woah' was right. The guide had gone on and on about the other site our classmates were currently in, but there was no way it could rival this tomb. The colors were magnificent, some of the best we’d seen, if not THE best. Bright. And so many of them…. Men and women, black stick figures depicted feasts, hunts, battles.

I stared along one wall and then another, mouth agape, as Levy, the last and most reluctant of us came through the tunnel.

Juvia POV
“I have a bad feeling about this.....” Levy said, trailing off as she fully stands and takes in all the artwork.

Awestruck we stare the tomb and its priceless artifacts in silence, circling slowly. I'm careful not to brush against the wall or artifacts as I gaze around. A certain image almost immediately catches my attention. It was a portrait of four fierce warriors. One with ice shooting out of his hand, beside that one was one with fire pouring out of his mouth, below him there was one that seemed to be eating...metal? And the last one had meteors and stars around him. Each warrior had a sophisticated and intricate circle around them, each its own color. I gaped at it for a long time, mind whirling.