Part Twenty-Two

A/N: I felt kinda bad for kinda getting your hopes up in the "not an update" chapter so I decided to update early! I personaply hate getting super excited for an update but then it's just an "A/N" Chapter XD.

And for those of you who liked my drawing I even colored it!

And I also finished this other drawing of Juvia today!

Anywho, Enjoy this update!

Juvia POV

I knew if I didn't do it right away, I'd never be able to endure it later. The stitches had to be out and the bleeding had to be stopped before we went home. There would be no explaining them back in our own dimension so as soon as we woke up the next morning I said, "We need to do it now."

Levy paced for a few moments then turned and stared at me, looking like she was about to cry. "I can't do it. I can't. It's one thing to operate on you when you're almost dead." She shook her head once, "Another to do it when you're ... well, alive."

But I really wasn't listening and continued rambling. "Bring Mira's sharpest knife; we'll put it in the fire. You might need to cauterize the wound."

"Cauterize?" Lucy asked.

I groaned. "Burn Juvia! If Juvia starts bleeding. It's the fastest way."

Both Lucy and Levy blanched and shook their heads.

"If you want to go home-"

"We do, Juvia. You know we do." Erza said softly. " But we can't do it, Juvia. We can't bear the idea of bringing you more pain."

I blinked at them, slightly exasperated. "Go. Go get Simon. Or Gajeel or Natsu, if you can find them. But not Gray or Jellal." We definitely needed to steer clear of them as much as possible. Being with Gray only made me feel... confused.

Levy and Lucy nodded and were out the door in seconds. Erza approached me and lifted my shirt a bit to see the wound. It was still swollen and red and angry, barely knit together again, yet the skin was growing around each strand. Already, I knew the pain ahead might be enough to knock me out. Given by the flash of fear that passed through her eyes, she knew it too.