Part Twenty-One

Juvia POV

“WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!!?” I sobbed hysterically after Erza told me what happened. Lucy and Levy had left the room to go get me some more water. Erza walked over to the window and leaned on the frame while staring out.

“I thought it was the good thing, the right thing to do.”

I stopped sobbing and pinched the bridge of my nose in irritation. “You do realize that you asked him to continue his marriage with a spoiled girl that has no problem setting other people in danger, just to save her reputation?”

Erza stayed silent.

I threw my hands up in the air in exasperation. 

Unbelievable! The one time our mighty Titania actually likes a guy that likes her back she goes and tells him to marry another girl- don’t look at Juvia like that! Juvia knows it wasn’t like that but that's basically what you did!” I wail while pointing an accusatory finger at her.

“What’s all the yelling about?” Levy asks as she opened the door for Lucy who was holding a pitcher of water.

They looked from Erza, to me, then back to Erza with confused expressions. Trying to avoid their gaze Erza turns to look out the window, but she immediately pales and steps back from the window, as if trying to hide. Frowning, Lucy puts the pitcher of water down and approaches the window with Levy. They gasp when they see Jellal with Carmen together.

“Is that her?!” Lucy shrieks as they lean out of the window a bit to get a better look at her. “Well, she’s not ugly…”

Juvia snorts. “You'll think otherwise when you actually meet her.” she mumbles.

Lucy and Levy frown as they glance from me, to the window, then back to Erza. Their eyes widen when they piece together what happened. They stay silent for a few moments before Lucy speaks up.

“All right, I think I’m ready. How bad is it?”

Erza look avoids eye contact and takes her time to answer. “Bad.”

She closed her eyes as if pained, and Levy shook her head in disbelief. “No,” she said, pinching the bridge of her nose. “No, I can’t believe it. I thought it was a crush! You never said you were in love!”

Erza blushed heavily and mumbled “I wouldn’t go as far as to call it love-” but Levy interrupted.

“We should go, now,” she said, leaning toward me.

“Go?” I said, gaping at her. I hadn’t even been out of bed for more than twenty minutes and now she wanted me to make the journey to the tombs, more than a mile away? And under what pretense? By the looks of it, all of Fairy Tail and the town were coming to see us. What were we gonna do? Ride by them all, with a smile and a cheerful wave?

‘Hey there, how are ya? We’re the She-Wolves of Bellum, just on our way back back in time to the place we came from… don’t mind us!’

“We knew you had feelings for him,” Levy said, one hand out. “But we didn’t know you had feeling-feelings for him.”

“Is there a difference?” I asked tiredly.

“I guess not,” she said, plopping down beside me on the bed. “I didn’t know,” she said, talking to herself so lowly I almost missed it. “I mean we knew, but I didn’t know.”

I leaned back against the headboard and willed myself to find the strength for what was ahead. More people were already arriving. The castle would be filled, every room of it. Additional tents had been pitched outside, more than a hundred, Mira said, to house the others.