Part Twenty

Erza POV

Much to our surprise, and relief, no one came barging in for the rest of the day. It wasn’t till several hours later that Mira returned with four servants each lugging a large trunk. They each set the trunks down on the edge of the room and left, never looking in our direction. Mira stood there grinning as she began to open the trunks. “Gifts, for you and your sisters.”

Lucy and Levy, who had been braiding our hair out of boredom, stopped and leaned over to see what it could possibly be. Mira flipped the brass latch on the first two trunks and opened it. She pulled from the first one a magnificent orange gown, embroidered with what looked like a silver thread. From the next trunk, she pulled out a majestic pink gown that was embroidered with gold thread. “For you, Miss Levy and Miss Lucy,” she said, dragging it across her arms and carrying it across the room.

“Oh, my word,” I breathed as I stared at it in awe. It was amazing. And it was literally their favorite colors. “With your hair… my goodness.” Juvia’s eyes sparkled, imagining them in the dresses.

“No one will be able to keep their eyes off of you.” I finished, mirroring her expression. Both Lucy and Levy were practically drooling as they ogled the dresses like little girls.

“I can’t argue with that, but they’ll have firm competitors in their sisters,” Mira said, going to the third and fourth trunks. From them, she pulled a ruby red silk gown, this one embedded with tiny rubies all across the bodice and the hem of the dress. Juvia gasped when she opened the last trunk and saw a blue dress that literally looked like flowing water that started light at the top then darkened as it neared the floor and was embroidered at the bodice and hem with- are those DIAMONDS?!

I gaped at her. “I can’t wear such a thing. It is way too beautiful.”

Juvia, Levy, and Lucy nodded frantically in agreement.

“It is only fitting for them to honor you so,” Mira said with a dismissive snort, “If not for you four, Phantom Lord would have never been destroyed.”

“But Juvia’s wound,” Juvia said, pouting, “She’ll never be able to wear that gown.”

“Nonsense,” Mira said. “ Gray has seen to every detail. He had the seamstresses cut it a couple of inches wider so that there will be plenty of room to bind your wound so it won’t chafe.”

Juvia stayed in shocked silence, her mouth hanging open at the announcement that Gray had been the one to order the dress for her.

I looked her in the eye. “This is a gift from Gray?”

“Juvia’s dress? Yes,” Mira said, smiling at me quizzically as if to say ‘Who else?’ “Your dress was from Jellal.”

I joined Juvia in her shocked expression.

Lucy and Levy turned to Mira. “Are our gowns from Jellal and Gray as well?”

“Actually, I think that was more of Natsu and Gajeel's doing,” she said with a tap to her chin and with that, she went out the door, closing it softly behind her. The silence stretched on before Lucy spoke up.

“Okay, I so wanna wear that gown.”

Levy immediately jumped a little on the bed, “Ha! I knew I wasn’t the only one! I’ve never seen anything so pretty. It’s like something out of a dream.” She went over to it, lifted it into her hands, and then draped it across her body.

I smiled and shook my head. “You’ll both look amazing in those.”

“You and Juvia be gorgeous in yours, too.”