Imprisonment. It means we are the prisners.

I felt a soft groan escape my lips as I regained consciousness.

First I noticed my eyes either won't open or they have a cover over them.

Second my hands are tied behind my back. And my feet are also bound.

Third I'm pretty sure I'm on the floor. Whose floor? Is the proper question.

"You up girlie?"

My body tenses tightly. Was that....

"Can you get up?" Marco asks, close by now. I try to sit up, but my body ignores me.

It's probably a side effect to that stupid drug that was forced on me. So I tilt my head in a no fashion.

I feel fingers grab the cloth on my face and they slowly pull it up, I see Marco in front of me and resist the urge to shiver as his hands feather over my neck.

"What happened?"I ask, noting that we were in a dark high ceiling room and there was no door, well there was but it was a good ten feet off the ground and didn't have a handle.

"I'm going to untie you 'kay?" He waits for my nod before pulling out a small knife and cutting the ropes around my ankles, he then grabs my forearm and pulls me up, before resting his hands on my shoulders to steady my swaying.

"They really did a number to you girlie. You look terrible, like a punching bag or something." Marco comments quietly, "But don't feel to bad. They got me and Thatch too." I feel my wrists free and pull them close to my chest to rub them. I couldn't see if there were marks but I could definitely feel the marks.

And now that Marco mentioned I could feel forming bruises literally all over my body. There was barely anything that didn't hurt.

"But to answer your earlier question," Marco's friend, -Thatch- draws my attention and I see him sitting against the wall, his ropes also gone on the floor, "We think some villagers got brave. They had been following us since we docked in the morning and they had been watching our fight as well."

I nod leaning back against my wall for support. Marco sat a few feet from me, in fact in between me and Thatch although Thatch was on the right wall and I was across from him obviously leaving Marco on the wall mirroring the door, alone.

"How long have you two been up?"

"Thatch got up first and untied me, I woke up a little after him. But you... well we've been here for hours at least and you're only just waking." Marco shrugs, "What ever they injected into you did something crazy to your body. You screamed a few times in your sleep and you were writhing on the floor. Then you just dropped and didn't move again. Thatch thought you died." Marco smirks at his friend who smiles a small smile himself,

"Sorry. I didn't know. I was actually numb until you mentioned it before." I sigh looking down. I couldn't even feel myself screaming or moving... what the hell did they do to me?

Marco snorts, along with Thatch, "Why are you apologizing?"

I shake my head, a feeling of dread passing over me, "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing girlie. This is not-"

"This is my fault! I'm a freaking marine officer and I wasn't paying attention because some stupid pirate caught my attention." I ignore the curious look Thatch sends Marco,

"I should not have let my guard down in the first place, not now and not before. None of us would be here if I didn't!" my voice faded and I felt tears gather in my clenched eyes, how could I be so stupid?! I lift my head from my knees and let it bang against the wall behind me, muttering stupid under my breath.