Future Supernova. Part One.

I really don't know how I managed to save those two from being imprisoned in my brig.

The male teen, and apparently his... friend.. Who was a.. well a polar bear. Earlier I heard the boy call him Bepo.

That's a cute name for a cute polar bear like him, he was probably half way to being completely mature.

But that's off point! It doesn't matter how cute he was, or if his owner was just a teenager, who still had a baby face, and reminded me a lot of my brothers, A combination of both Luffy (who was ten now), and Ace (who is close to turning fourteen).

That was the reason I hesitated earlier this morning, when Drake and I had the crew board the unnamed ship and had arrested the whole pirate crew immediately, when I had been ordered to go check for anyone else, I found this boy and bear, hiding in the infirmary. And I couldn't bring myself to slap the cuffs on him.

Instead I had asked, "What is a child like you doing in these dangerous seas?"

The boy had been hiding under the desk, pulling the bear with him, and was silently whispering 'Hush Bepo.' Over and over again, though he had frozen in fear when I had spoken, apparently not hearing me enter the room or move the chair, and squatted in front of them.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to arrest you. What's your name?" I smiled warmly. He gulped before exchanging glances with bear.

"T-Trafalgar Law."

"Interesting name. Mine's Wilder Mara. So, why are you on this ship? Are you pirates?"

"Maybe. What's it to you?" Law hastily replied.

"Well Mr. Law, if you are I would leave and tell my commanding officer, there is no one left... If you aren't, I would tell him you are hostages and offer you a ride somewhere." I shrugged simply.

"What... Why would you do that?" He gaped.

"So what it going to be?"

"We're pirates." Law says firmly.

"Even the bear?" My head tilts in question.

"Yes."

"Okay than. A few more questions, how old are you?"

He hesitates, "Sixteen."

"I knew it." I smile, eyes crinkling and all, "I knew you couldn't be much older than my kid brothers. Lastly, what crew are you in?"

"None-"

"Achoo. What crew are you running from?" I cut him off swiftly.

"None-"

"Achoo!" I sneeze, rubbing my nose I sigh, "Sorry, it's just I'm allergic to bullshit. So, what crew were you saying?"

Law looked at me in disbelief, before answering, "Donquixote pirates."

I flinch back, falling to sit criss cross, "You're running from Doflamingo?"

"Yes."

"Well good luck with that," I said genuinely. "Doflamingo is a creepy pedo that needs to be locked up... I hate that guy." I stand then, brushing myself off. "Well goodbye now. Don't ever let me catch you on the seas again. Or you and your bear friend are done for." With that said I move towards the door, I hear him scramble up from under the desk and reach towards me, he catches my elbow.

"Why?" He questions, breathlessly.

The emotion in his eyes was hard for me to pass up and just ignore. So I answer honestly.

"A pirate once let me go with a warning." I ruffle his hair, a large smile on my face. "So thank him for me one day would ya?"

I still can't get the image of his stunned expression, out of my head. It's so adorable.

"You shouldn't have done that." Drake scolds once we were sailing away, and separated from the crew.

"He's a kid.... Not to mention, he is technically protected by the War Lord. Doflamingo would have a fit if we were to apprehend one of his crew." I shrug, but on the inside I was happy, this boy has a chance now, to live freely, away from that-  that freak. I don't know what it is about the bird like War Lord. I just don't like him.

"I won't tell Sengoku. This time. But don't let it happen again." Drake sends me a side glance, I nod and he walks away.

"That went well." I smile, following the extremely solemn ginger haired man, for another debriefing.

"Lily island, with two towns on either side, was recently held captive by a violent pirate crew. It's now a ghost island. We are here to help with repairs, and to leave them assured that pirates won't be back." Drake explains, sliding a Manila folder across the table to me, it was only four of us in here. Drake being Commodore and head of the ship. Me, Lieutenant Commander and Second in Command, then Lieutenant Emerson and Lieutenant Goldstein, there were two more Lieutenants who were out on the deck over looking repairs, and preparing our recently acquired prisoners.

"Then," Drake continues. "We will offer our permanent services, and over look the beginning of the preparations for the construction. All in all, we will be here for the rest of the month. Lieutenant Commander Wilder, you will take your group to the other side of the island, over looking the bay. There will be a Mister Chase Dawson waiting to fill you in. Don't trust him. He is shady and there are rumors he was in league with the pirates. Nothing has been confirmed, but we will not lead our men to their deaths. Lieutenant Emerson and Lieutenant Marie will accompany you."

I nod, standing and handing the file back. "We will leave immediately. We will report in every hour, via den den."

Emerson stands also. He's tall and lean, and easily half a foot taller than my five foot seven self.

Drake nods, his lips twitching upwards, before turning back to discuss his own job with Lieutenant Johnson. He is the strangest person I've ever met, and I pride myself in being able to read people, but Drake.... He's another story entirely. And I don't think that will ever change.

"Orders?" Emerson asks, holding open to the door to the deck.

"Round up our group of ensigns and locate Marie, then gather the prisoners," I pause, smirking, "never mind, let Drake handle them. Just find our group and meet me on the docks."

"Yes ma'am!" He rushes off and I make my way off the ship.

The town was pretty silent, with the rare civilian running across the street, no children chased after a ball, no old women gossiped, no young women tugging on their younger child's hand, pulling them towards the market place, there were no men out laughing boisterously with their friends.

It was rather haunting, a ghost town indeed.

"Ready when you are Lieutenant." Emerson stands ready beside me, my group behind him. It made me wonder how long I was staring at the freaky town. I hid my surprise nodding,

"Let's head out then. I want to get this over with ASAP."