Abandonment.

Mara's Age : Twenty Six

Mara's Rank : in the beginning Commodore. Then later (like not even half way through she gets promoted) she is Rear Admiral.

"Where's Rear Admiral Drake?" I question crossing my arms behind my back and staring out at the rising sun. A painters palette. That's what it's called. It's beautiful. If only I could convince myself to wake up this early everyday. To bad that will never happen.

"..." Ensign Davis stays quiet, his brown eyes drawing to the ship deck.

Confused I look back at him, "spit it out. Where is Rear Admiral Drake?" I repeat, it's a simple question.

"He's gone Ma'am."

I tense, my breath catching at his words. "What do you mean he's gone?"

"Him and a few others- half the crew actually. They're gone. All their stuff is gone as well." Davis shifts nervously.

I nod turning back to glare at the sun. What does that mean? Drake couldn't have just left. He said he would stick it out with me. Pain lanced through my heart and I had to let out a sigh. Here I am, letting my emotions rule me again.

"Your orders Ma'am?"

I snap out of my thoughts, once again turning back to Davis, "Excuse me?"

"You are the highest ranking officer on the ship. What are your orders Ma'am?" Davis repeats saluting.

"Just.. let's get to HQ. I'll be in my office, don't bother me." I sigh walking away.

"Yes Ma'am." Davis salutes again behind me. My eyes clench shut an my fist ball up as I make my way to my office. The office Drake gave me when I was promoted to Commodore a year ago.

Drake... that asshole.

How dare he make me promise not to quit and then go and quit?! Insensitive jerk! I have half a mind to find him and beat the sense back into him!

Large cracks appeared across my large wooden desk and the walls too, the glass windows shattering into pieces. Well damn. I reign in my haki and order some chore boy to fix the windows. I couldn't care less about the broken walls or even the desk.

Not even a minute after the glass window was fixed a cannon ball soared through it, shattering it all over again. I threw a shield out enveloping the chore boy in its safety, and jerked him towards me connecting the shield to protect me as well as the cannon ball exploded and sent us (and my office wall and door) flying in a black and red explosion of wood and fire.

"You alright?" I question the sixteen year old kid. He nods stifly. I unwind my arms from his shoulders and head and place them flat on the clear shield. It was completely black until I managed to shove the debree off of us, as the shield evaporated I could hear the alarmed shouts and plenty of gun shots.

"Commodore!"

"Captain, what the hell is happening?" I question, yanking the chore boy up by his elbow and passing him to a passing Ensign before stepping over the slivers. The door managed to stay in one piece, it was severely dented and laying flat on the floor, I smirked as I passed over it.

Whoever shot that really wanted to die. I'm not one to let emotions rule my actions but this just sucks, it's not even noon and we're being shot at.

"Pirates ma'am." He stares ahead as we March to the deck. I raise a questioning brow, and he sighs, "Kaido pirates by the look of it."

"Great." I mumble sarcastically, "Let's handle this quickly. No survivors. We need to get to HQ and I'm not going to be the one to start a war with Kaido."